The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will it fit the 7g?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Will it fit the 7g?

http://www.turbo-kits.com/galant_turbo_kits.html

Does anybody know if this will fit the 7g 4g64? prolly with modding.....but how much modding?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you can turbo your 4g64 for half the price. how much did brandon's turbo install cost all together?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i think around $1500........yea i just wanted to know. i would never pay that much.

Do you know where to go to get a turbo setup for that much though?

Quote Originally Posted by Lootrock
    Do you know where to go to get a turbo setup for that much though?
    its not like its a kit, its just part by part like ebay.

8G_GTZ
    everything you will get from a different place. moslty egay...i mean, ebay. but yeah, like performance shops, parts shops, and even the hardware store.

steve

i've heard about some long term problems with the DD power turbo kits.

but yea, im looking at the list of parts included and you can't even use close to half of that stuff without at the least modifying it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ken inn
    that kit looks pretty good to me. having upgraded a LOT of stuff on my car, i can tell you a lot of the cost of upgrading is time. you save a ton of money doing the labor yourself, but if you add in all the time to gather up the CORRECT parts, and/or get the parts modified to actually fit, it gets a lot more expensive. for example, i just upgraded the intercooler, if i had bought it new, it would have cost about a grand for just the parts. the install was time consuming, too. i had to remove and disassemble the front bumper, then assemble the kit, put the bumper support on, remove it, cut it, install, measure, remove, cut again, yada, yada. i just put new injectors on. that is really easy, but now i gotta tune them in. so, i gotta go out and do a whole bunch of driving, idle, part throttle, wot, tip in, low speed cruise, high speed cruise, it takes a while. AND, you gotta have the equipment to moniter and change the settings. i can do the major tuning in a couple hours, and fine tune it as i drive in the coming weeks, but if i had to do it all at once, figger several hours, and lots of gas. try driving on the freeway, holding throttle steady so stuff like rpm, airflow, o2 trim, and stuff like that remains steady. when i installed my 2g manifold, part of it has to be ground off to clear the p/s pump. new turbo? again, gotta take it out and adjust boost, and watch for knock, watch fuel trims, egt, stuff like that. new downpipe? yah, to install it, remove the radiator and a whole pile of stuff, then it dont fit. cut here, cut there, bend, still dont fit. give up, put everything back like it was, send the pipe back, and get another. this one fits, but dont connect to the cat correctly. take it to muffler shop, and get it welded again. so dont just think the price of the kit is parts only. a LOT of it is r&d, which means a lot of time.

that kit is for a V6...
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

I could've sworn I saw a kit for an I4 on there not too long ago. Hmm.......

whoa, they changed the site......weird :?