The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mission.... slam 6g

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

mission.... slam 6g

Alright... its seems like I have finally come upon enough money to get my G lowered. As we all know... the lowest drop we can get from springs (not coilovers, just springs) is 1.5" Front and rear. This wont do tho, I wanna completely lower the car, by like 2.5"-3.0".
    The question is.... how safe/smart is it to cut lowering springs? Im thinkin that because they're already stiffer than stock, that cutting them a lil bit will not hurt. If anyone is knowledgable on this, please lemme know. I know the obvious answer is for me to get the coilover kit... but Im thinkin bout safe 200 dollars, so any help would be appreciated

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

Mindless
    Lowering your car 3" sounds good until you bottom it out on the freeway. I can't get my car on 99.9% of the lifts in this town. And the one lift I can get it on requires several blocks of wood to shim up the tires. Not to mention you will need a camber kit. Getting an alignment was also an issue for me. I was able to get a front alignment done but I still can't get a rear alignment done because of the way the alignment equipment works.

Another thing to think about is your axles. These companies like Eibach, for example, don't make drop springs that will give you a 3" drop for a reason. And it's because when they are making these springs they see things that may cause problems with an extremely aggressive drop. Like the axles, the drivers side axle on my car occasionally rubs and I'm afraid that if I hit something hard enough it's going to snap. Not to mention that my passenger side axle sits under the same conditions, though not as bad.

Another problem that I encountered with my car is the upper control arms in the front. I went to have my camber kit put on in the front. Cam kit was put on but now my upper control arms rub the inside of the fender well. But it was either eat tires or have the control arms rub.

I, like you, love an aggressive drop. But IMO, and after three suspension setups I have come to the conclusion that it's just not worth it. Consider a mild drop and save yourself some headaches.

Estampido

slammed

AIR SUSPENSION!!! pretty expensive though.. but youll get the drop you want.. plus u can adjust your ride height jus like dem hydros.