The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: whats the best year and model 7G

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    midwestgalant

whats the best year and model 7G

i've got an 8G but i want to get a 7G just for fun and the 5speed.
    what is the fastest model and the best year to get, i dont want AWD or anything front is fine maybe a turboed one

I know nothing about the 7G except i like the front bumper that has the big opening in the front

'94 GS i think would be the best. it comes with 4 wheel disc brakes and the DOHC head. but since they are rare and it is a 94 it can be hard to find, especially with low miles.

with that said, IMO the GS is the only one of the USDM 7g's that really stand out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    GS all the way.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Speed/Performance:
    94 GS 5psd: 160hp 161ftlbs torque 2.4L DOHC

Second:
    any 5spd 7g.

Best Looks IMO:
    97/98(Just for the front bumper )
    7g for life!

Galant HJ

Hello,

1994 GS... here in australia we get the JDM hatchbacks from Japan. I have 1993 7g HJ galant V6. Despite the V6 its only a 2000cc. about 110kw only
    How many kw does the US GS output ? And the Aussies ere have their holdens (GM) and fords that are V8 3000cc... 290kw stock.!! but i just gotta be different. Long live the little Galant beauts
    There are VR hatch versions too but i've only saw one here in perth...looks like mine except for a huge VR sticker on the sides. Suppose to be turbo-ed.

the GS makes about 120kw at the crank.

but yea i can't believe the 6a12 makes about 110 kw or about 150 hp. which version is that? is it a SOHC or a DOHC, mivec?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Proto

Re: Galant HJ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoOkS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello,

1994 GS... here in australia we get the JDM hatchbacks from Japan. I have 1993 7g HJ galant V6. Despite the V6 its only a 2000cc. about 110kw only Â* Â*
    How many kw does the US GS output ? And the Aussies ere have their holdens (GM) and fords that are V8 3000cc... 290kw stock.!! but i just gotta be different. Long live the little Galant beauts
    There are VR hatch versions too but i've only saw one here in perth...looks like mine except for a huge VR sticker on the sides. Suppose to be turbo-ed.</div>

Have you seen a white Magna driving around that has a bodykit and exhaust?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the GS makes about 120kw at the crank. Â*

but yea i can't believe the 6a12 makes about 110 kw or about 150 hp. which version is that? is it a SOHC or a DOHC, mivec?</div>

yep 110kw for the HJ V6 2.0. Its DOHC. Have to double check if mivec-ed or not.

Re: Galant HJ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoOkS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello,

1994 GS... here in australia we get the JDM hatchbacks from Japan. I have 1993 7g HJ galant V6. Despite the V6 its only a 2000cc. about 110kw only Â* Â*
    There are VR hatch versions too but i've only saw one here in perth...looks like mine except for a huge VR sticker on the sides. Suppose to be turbo-ed.</div>

Have you seen a white Magna driving around that has a bodykit and exhaust?</div>

white Magna with body kit and exhaust? a friend? plenty of Magnas here in Perth but cant recall seeing white ones with kit and fat exhaust. They look alright when kit-ed and 17-18" mags lowered (magnas) But everyone has got one!! have to be different with the GALANT !
    are you in Australia too Proto?

94 GS, but like stated above.....their very rare, and to find one with low miles is almost impossible.