The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: do i need to upgrade my fuel pump?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    01GalantLSV6

do i need to upgrade my fuel pump?

well i have nitrous, but havent upgraded my fuel pump and i do not have an FPR. are these necesseties? i have a wet kit 75 shot on my v6.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    They are the basic components to any nitrous system. The demands on fuel while have nitrous is very high and your going to need a high volume pump to accomodate that need as well as a FPR to control the pressure while its being used.. If these 2 pieces are not running in conjunction with your nitrous system you will not be able to produce the amount fuel that inturn produces the power for it.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Or just drop in a Walbro 190 and call it a day. It does not need an AFPR...
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    75 shot is big enough to need a bigger fuel pump to play it safe. you can run a 75 shot fine on the stock fuel pump, but it's not overly safe. considering the walbro 190 is about $110, i'd get it just to be sure. i got a 190 for my 55shot set up. and seth's right, the walbro 190 doesnt need a fuel pressure regulator. i've had mine in for a while without a FPR, not needed.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

01GalantLSV6
    what about a walbro 255?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You will need an AFPR with a 255 more then likely. The 255 tends to flood the rail and make you run very rich without one. Some DSMers get away without one, some do not, just depends on your mods list. You will never see enough hp to "need" a 255. The 190 will be suffice for you unless you start pushing 450+ whp
    7g for life!