The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fp switch / presure tee, connections?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    01rbuild

fp switch / presure tee, connections?

i have nozzles for 35 DRY shot ONLY

with that in mind i do NOT need!?:
    retard timing
    colder plugs
    fuel pump

this is for 50 shot or higher!?

that said....where fisicaly do i connect
    1)the fuel presure safety switch?
    do i need to use it at all on a 35 shot specifically
    2)if i use that how do i connect it to the tee on the side of fpr?
    3)the center leg of the tee to intake plenum goes to? specifically located?

if you have the manual on the intake and exhaust chapter page 8-9

ty

01rbuild
    ok i think noone is gona answer this so, ill make it easier

how did u set it up? please i need help!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    ok, i'm a little confused on what you're asking. for a 35 dry shot you wont really need a bigger fuel pump, but it's good your getting one, most nitrous newbs dont and it's good to see people taking their head out of their ass. you really don't need to retard your timing, but it's not dangerous to do that either. that's just playing it too safe. one thing ZEX is dumb for, is for a 65 shot of higher, they recomend you retard your timing 2 degrees. well, on shit, if you keep retarding the timing, you can run any shot you want.

thing that makes dry kits shitty and disliked, is that you are bumping up fuel pressure to force the extra required fuel to be delivered into the chamber with your "original" amount of fuel. '

you do need colder plugs, but just one step colder will be fine up to a 100shot. replace your plugs every 3-4 bottles no matter what, because nitrous loves to eat away at plugs.

you really dont need a fuel pressure safety switch on a 35, nor on a 50 really. after a 75 it's a good idea. visit the nitrous forums over at dsmtuners and the wisemen over there will better answer your question, not sure i understood it though.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

01rbuild
    thanks for answering.

i was ! stating waht i learned on my research and questioning ? it at the same time, thanks for the reasurance. !!!!

ok then about the installation on our engines 2.4

is it wise to take the mass sensor and hook it on the tb and make the nos pass trough it so the computer knows how much gass to trow?

has anyone done a tbps wiring?
    were did u connect the presure hoses?
    placed the celenoids?
    i used existing ground screw on the firewall, middle top.

this are specific q? that i have not seen answered on forum, plz hlp

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    ok, these are specific questions not answered on the forum becuase the answers vary from every car.

DO NOT spray the nitrous before the Mass Airflow Sensor. the car does not deliver the extra fuel that way, but rather by the nitrous unit bumping up fuel pressure to deliver more fuel that way. you will damage your MAS and screw up all your fuel/air maps. just install the nozzle on the intake elbow between the MAS and throttle body, just like every other intake-injected setup is.

the tps wiring is simple. find your TPS wire, and just T into it. strip away some of the shielding on the wire to expose the metal threads, and attach the TPS signal wire from the control unit there. don't forget to program the unit to recognize WOT (usually a 4.5-5 volt signal)

place the solenoids wherever you can and still leave enough nitrous/fuel lines to work their way around the engine bay. leave some slack.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd