The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6a12 mivec & 6a12tt

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Turbo Snail

6a12 mivec & 6a12tt

Does any know if a 6a12 mivec heads hve the same line up for the water ports and the oil gallies, meaning could I bolt up the heads on to the 6a12tt block and it work. :?: :idea: and use a vtec/ fuel controller to work the shit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Possibly, but I highly doubt you could use a Vtec controller to control it. Those are two totally different technologies...
    7g for life!

They are essentially the same technology, and yes, vtec controllers can be used. A guy I know in NZ has done this, and the head mated up ok - on the downside, it wasn't as simple as a straight bolt on - apparently the ECU took offence to something along the way.
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Really, I thought they were same in concept but Mitsu went about it a different way. Guess I shouldnt open my mouth on things like these
    7g for life!

Hahaha well hey, its the only way to learn.

People use the v-afc's in the mivec cyborgs and FTO's here no worries, at the end of the day, all it is is a single solenoid being activated at a certain RPM to flick the cams onto the other lobe. Exact same method as VTEC, just has a different name so people don't go getting confused.

Back to the original post - if I were you, I'd just get some reground cams made up to suit what you have, hell of a lot easier to do. The mivec setup is nice - but boost is much much better :twisted:
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

Turbo Snail

MIVEC

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice . Where could I get cam For the 6a12tt. Because I have a spare engine & gear box home I would really like to do something with it.
    To ako dude you guys are amazing. What mods did you do to yours and how much boost are you running :thumbsup: