The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bends for a custom exhaust??

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

bends for a custom exhaust??

I swapped in a jdm vr4 cyclone 4g63t into my black 94 GS 5speed. I've already got a 2.5inch tubular o2 housing that runs into a 2.5--> 3" downpipe.
    anybody out there know what bends i need to order for a 3" downpipe back(don't have a cat) over the axle exhaust? My buddy works part time at a muffler shop, and can do the welding, but they can't bend 3" so i figured i'd order some bends on ebay. I guess i could crawl under and do some measuring, but i figure someone else could hook me up!!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I don't know but I'd love to know the answer. 3" exhaust systems are too expensive, so I was going to do the same thing - get some mandrel bends and have an exhaust shop weld them up.

8G_GTZ
    first off: do you have pics of your car?

but yes you can get them bent, you just have to find the right shop. if not, if you ever watch Orange County Choppers or something like that, you will see that the exhaust they use is pretty big and they have to do a lot of cutting and welding to make those curves.

Steve

i've got a buch of pics, i don't have a page, but there are a few before and mid-swap pics on seths page.
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/DOHCstunr
    I finished it about two weeks ago, and am running it on my stock catback with an apexi can on the back. it sounds fine and is fine for the 14 pounds of boost i'm running right now, but in about three weeks i'm putting an evo3 big 16g on and will be running about 19 psi.

i really don't feel like paying retail for mandrel bends. I just wanted to buy the bends, a three inch resonator(to keep it smooth and quiet) And then pay to get it welded up. I thought somebody might give me a tip on which bends i need.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

anybody?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo