The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i'm going to blow my car up....seriously...help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41
    8G_GTZ

i'm going to blow my car up....seriously...help

SO, I drive this Galant right? it's a 95 with about 164,xxx on it. well, lets just say, the problems are non stop due to it's years on the road. i'm just about sick of fixing them and having more and more come up. Here we go: started smoking white out of no where today on startup and after a few revs to only 3500 or so, I just got the oil changed like 1 week and a half ago, and half of the oil is gone, the pass. headlight wants to kick itself on and off about every 2-3 min or when it wants to, it handles like shit, i have no paint, the inside looks good but bad because of me redoing it so many times, few scratches on the tint, and i lost to a V6 Saturn 4dr. I know a few of those are my fault, but please help me or else ima start lookin for a new car.

steve

8ggalant
    i soooooooooooo wish i woulda kept my 7g....and im gonna leave it @ that...old cars break...it does suck if u cant afford to fix it ...but say u have a 01 8g w/ an expired warranty and sumthin breaks...then u gotta pay a car note, full coverage insurance, and then try to figure out how yer gonna fix yer car...dont get discouraged man hang in there...see if u cant find a beater honda or toyota to get u around...but if the money isnt there...then that just life ya kno....sumtimes u have to move on....but hopefully this isnt that time...good luck man...u'll be aiite

8G_GTZ
    i've heard a lot of people say they wish they would've kept their 7g's. who knows why. i hate mine all of a sudden WITH A PASSION. i want to start looking for a new car. I've always dreamed of building a CLEAN civic hatch or a black 8g, lowered so the tire sits right at the wheelwell, 18-19" chrome rims, exhaust, and supercharged. that's all. but this thing keeps shootin shit at me that i can't take anymore. it's driving me insane. and to think of all the hrs and yes blood, sweat, and tears into it, i would just give it up like that. i would........but i want to do so much more to it. but my fucking parents here won't let me even do a simple head swap here. all they say is "you can fix anything right(being smartfucks), or "just deal with it". and the fact that I KNOW my stepdad is loaded with cash, and he can't even buy me a '63 or just get this piece of shit rebuilt. if he's tryin to show me how hard life can be, i'll just get even more mad and beat the shit out of my car(trust me i would), that would scare him. well, fuck em, i hate em all. i want to do a head swap, get the TEIN basic damper kit, leather, and all kinds of shit. but how do i get money, where do i do it at, how the fuck do i fix this. hopefully someone with a heart feels my pain and ANGER right now. cuz i absolutely hate this car.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve :evil:

8G_GTZ
    bump.....i just want more people to see this and that i'm serious :evil: :cry:

TGC Regular
    Damn bro, I hear you on the breaking parts on 164xxx mile cars... If I had put into my car as much aftermarket shit as I did oem shit fixing it, I'd be the next cali... seriously, lol. Here's my plan... trade it in for another newer 7g I've got an S right now, so I'm most definetely getting an es or and ls (GS if I can find one :? ) Just hang in there bro, it'll get better...

Oh yeah and the newer saturns are getting faster so don't get pissed that a saturn beat you, lol

when is we gon be free????

8G_GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn bro, I hear you on the breaking parts on 164xxx mile cars... If I had put into my car as much aftermarket shit as I did oem shit fixing it, I'd be the next cali... Â*seriously, lol. Here's my plan... trade it in for another newer 7g Â* Â* I've got an S right now, so I'm most definetely getting an es or and ls (GS if I can find one Â*:? ) Â*Just hang in there bro, it'll get better...

Oh yeah and the newer saturns are getting faster so don't get pissed that a saturn beat you, lol</div>

i know, thanks for understanding, i bought my car for $1600 and put about $7500-8000 in so far. that's why i'm pissed. it's not just the motor, it's everything. just crappin out. it's pissin me off. plus i have an appointment to get this damn remote start i got for christmas next Tuesday put on. i might cancel it. who wants shit for their car :evil:

steve

TGC Regular
    yeah, I swapped in another 4g64 in about a year ago and thought that my problems were over.. uh uh, every fuckin thing that you can imagine that went wrong w/ my car, did. So yeah I do curse my car on a weekly basis, lol... but like I said, I'm getting a new one that's going to under construction reallly soon :twisted:

xSILENTx
    I never really liked my galant when i had it but i never had any problems with it. only thing that ever broke was the wheel bearings. but its a 10 year old car so things are just going to keep breaking . get a loan and try to get a newer car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    those arn't even big problems at all really. you just have an oil leak and faulty headlight wiring 8) not to worry though, finish a project one at a time, and you'll be happy with it. i think you're like Z right now (except he's got ten times as many never ending projects) where he's got just endless projects, and i think the only difference is that it's bugging you now. start fixing them one at a time, don't even work on the other one's, just one at a time.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

8G_GTZ
    We all know Z has too many projects to work on. but somehow everyone finds a way to get money to finish their projects. my job is great, workin on cars like i like to do, but i get paid $6.50/hr with like 15hrs a week. they only need me so many days. i never have money to do anything. but i have/HAD to finish molding on the skirts and if i really wanted, get the rest of the parts to do this head swap. but now, i seriously can't even run up to McDonalds to get a medium fry. that sucks. i can't ever save money because what i have is what i have which is 3 cents in my pocket right now. if i had money like most of you guys out there, i would buy a gasket or whatever this frieken problem is. the more i stare out the window at it, the more i want it gone.

steve

8G_GTZ
    We all know Z has too many projects to work on. but somehow everyone finds a way to get money to finish their projects. my job is great, workin on cars like i like to do, but i get paid $6.50/hr with like 15hrs a week. they only need me so many days. i never have money to do anything. but i have/HAD to finish molding on the skirts and if i really wanted, get the rest of the parts to do this head swap. but now, i seriously can't even run up to McDonalds to get a medium fry. that sucks. i can't ever save money because what i have is what i have which is 3 cents in my pocket right now. if i had money like most of you guys out there, i would buy a gasket or whatever this frieken problem is. the more i stare out the window at it, the more i want it gone.

steve

TGC Regular
    oh yeah I also like the protege wagon

sho-tyme
    dude steve get a lancer ralliart, its fast handles freaking great. im not just blow-n smoke either my buddie (which i have beatn 3 times in his teg) will vouch for that. his teg is not stock either hes got header full exhaust cams and intake dude just test drive one if anything

Dark Anghell
    i've been there before with my GSX. First 6 months were great, then I decided to catch up on maintenance...the car kept on braking things one after another. The oil leak was impossible to fix, first it leaked from the oil pan...fixed that, started leaking from the oil filter housing...fixed that, started leaking from oil pan and the housing :evil: :mg:that car.

Anyway, before you put more money into it, I would suggest just selling it and if you want to, just get a 97 galant. It's still a 7g but a lot newer. a lot of times things break not because mitsubishi sux but because the car is old and things will break. But it's better to get rid of it before you dump more money into it. I sold my eclipse and never looked back.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark Anghell)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've been there before with my GSX. First 6 months were great, then I decided to catch up on maintenance...the car kept on braking things one after another. The oil leak was impossible to fix, first it leaked from the oil pan...fixed that, started leaking from the oil filter housing...fixed that, started leaking from oil pan and the housing Â*:evil: Â*:mg:that car.

Anyway, before you put more money into it, I would suggest just selling it and if you want to, just get a 97 galant. It's still a 7g but a lot newer. a lot of times things break not because mitsubishi sux but because the car is old and things will break. But it's better to get rid of it before you dump more money into it. I sold my eclipse and never looked back.</div>

exactly 8)

Proto
    steve dont feel bad, im in the same seat. im getting rid of mine sometime after january.. replaced crankshaft pulley, 2 altnators, brakes, rear shocks, iac. service engine light stays on. aint worth keepin. hopefully im gettin this s10.
    also just because the car is old doesnt mean anything. my bro has a 78 chevy malibu (350 small block) and it still running fine.

8G_GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>steve dont feel bad, im in the same seat. im getting rid of mine sometime after january.. Â*crankshaft pulley, 2 altnators, brakes, rear shocks, iac. service engine light stays on. aint worth keepin. hopefully im gettin this s10.
    also just because the car is old doesnt mean anything. my bro has a 78 chevy malibu (350 small block) and it still running fine.</div>

yeah, but did he do the motor swap, get it rebuilt or not. cuz mine's just old and a piece of shit.

steve

TGC Regular
    you've also got to look at the previous owner... If I had known that the previous owner of my g beat the shit out of it, I would have killed them

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>steve dont feel bad, im in the same seat. im getting rid of mine sometime after january.. Â*crankshaft pulley, 2 altnators, brakes, rear shocks, iac. service engine light stays on. aint worth keepin. hopefully im gettin this s10.
    also just because the car is old doesnt mean anything. my bro has a 78 chevy malibu (350 small block) and it still running fine.</div>

yeah, but did he do the motor swap, get it rebuilt or not. cuz mine's just old and a piece of shit.

steve</div>

Nope, all original

shannon957g
    Steve!!!!!

Don't give up.

Don't ever give up...

I'm sure many of us have been in your situation, especially with our 7th generation Gaylants (lol)....

One thing I've learned though is to never give up on the G, because it's never given up on me.

Life gets rough, just please...don't let go. :?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast