The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

I have bosch platinum +4 plugs in my I4. The dealership said that it would cause my check engine light to come on. I have not had any problems with it, but my question is...Is it a bad idea to have them in my ride? Has anyone else used them? Has anyone heard any bad or good about the plugs?

Back from the dead!!!

I have them in my car....my check engine light is on too...but the code is PO421--Catalyst value bank 1/2 returned value low...I think that has more to do with the O2 sensors/catalytic converter than plugs....but you never know...it may have something to do with it...I also got a CEL with the NGK (OEM variety). I might switch out the plugs for the NGK Iridium IV...
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

I have them in my I4 too, and my check engine light doesn't come on. I've heard good reviews on these particular spark plugs.

Got them in my car and no problems.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I have them in my car....my check engine light is on too...</div>

My check engine light doesn't come on at least not yet. Did anyone change the wires or runnin CAIs, nitrous, FI etc...?

Back from the dead!!!

Stock wires Injen CAI.

NGK R, NGK Iirridium IV, Bosch platniums +4, Nology Platinum, and Denso Irrirdiums are all good plugs to get. The only down side is that the irridiums are between $8-14 a plug and it gets a little expensive for those who run on a V6 engine. Other than that, it's a go-go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shortdogg2k05)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I have them in my car....my check engine light is on too...</div>

My check engine light doesn't come on at least not yet. Did anyone change the wires or runnin CAIs, nitrous, FI etc...?</div>

If you're going FI or nitrous then its in your best interest of changing your plugs or you'll risk detonation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-spot)</div><div class='quotemain'>NGK R, NGK Iirridium IV, Bosch platniums +4, Nology Platinum, and Denso Irrirdiums are all good plugs to get. The only down side is that the irridiums are between $8-14 a plug and it gets a little expensive for those who run on a V6 engine. Other than that, it's a go-go.</div>

spending alot to get nice plugs for the v6 is definitely worth it. unlike the i4, getting to half of the plugs on the v6 is a PITA. so you want to get them platinum or iridium plugs on the v6 so that they last a very long time. so especially if you are paying someone else to change the plugs on the v6 its really a good investment.

the i4 is very sensitive to different plugs for some reason. if you conduct a search you'll notice that many people run into problems by running plugs other than the stock ngk's. but if others aren't having problems with the +4 then it might be worth a shot.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

SamirDarji
    After doing a lot of research on plugs a while back I learned just to stay with the stock NGK copper ones. They actually are a high-performance plug from the get-go. I use them in all my cars (cooincidently, the Altima and Galant use the exact same plug). The Denso U-groove are basically the same thing and work just as well. I have a set of NGK platinum and have seen the Denso Iridium, and they are great for those with the crazy 6 and changing those plugs. :shock:

But for the 4s I'd stick with the NGK copper or Denso U-groove. You'll just have to check the gap every 10k miles or so. And while that may be a pain, it's definitely not a bad thing to do since looking at the plug will tell you alot about the combustion chamber and what's going on in there.

Stay away from the $13/piece Denso Iridium plugs, IMHO. I've gone through 2 sets in my I4 and at both times caused stuttering as if my car was going to die at 3rd and 4th gear. I just replaced them with OEM plugs and had no problems at all!

All Bosch plugs = crap. End of story.

i've always been told to stay away from bosch plugs...so i just stayed with the stock v6 ngk plats.....but if you had luck with them....all's good i guess....

oh and scoot....YOU = CRAP (had to get one last non-off topic flame in)
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

SamirDarji
    I wouldn't call other plugs crap. It's just they're designed for a different application.
    Bosch=German, good for European cars
    NGK/Denso=Japanese, good for Japanese and Asian cars
    American plugs=junk, good for junk American cars, lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SamirDarji)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't call other plugs crap. Â*It's just they're designed for a different application.
    Bosch=German, good for European cars
    NGK/Denso=Japanese, good for Japanese and Asian cars
    American plugs=junk, good for junk American cars, lol.</div>
    I should rephrase. If you're looking to get power out of your motor and run it a little hard, Bosch is crap. If you're looking to drive your car like a grandma, the bosch singles are ok, but not nearly good enough to be considered "great." There are much higher quality plugs out there. I've heard plenty of stories of burnt out plugs and mangled electrodes, not to mention the fact that the multiple electrodes prevent indexing, again pointing to a lack of high performance ability. If you're looking for a plug that will last and give you no problems, just buy some single electrode NGK's.

Well what are the alternatives other than NGK would everyone suggest?

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well what are the alternatives other than NGK would everyone suggest?</div>
    Well, I'd only recommend something Japanese (it's a Japanese car!). Denso is a good company and their u-groove are basically the same as the NGK v-power. I've actually found some domestic names, like Accel actually are made in Japan (look at the plug--strangely enough, both NGK and Denso are made in USA), but I've never tried them because they were waaaay expensive (it costs to have a Japanese company make it for you so you can slap your name on it, lol).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SamirDarji)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well what are the alternatives other than NGK would everyone suggest?</div>
    Well, I'd only recommend something Japanese (it's a Japanese car!). Denso is a good company and their u-groove are basically the same as the NGK v-power. I've actually found some domestic names, like Accel actually are made in Japan (look at the plug--strangely enough, both NGK and Denso are made in USA), but I've never tried them because they were waaaay expensive (it costs to have a Japanese company make it for you so you can slap your name on it, lol).</div>
    Just because the car is Japanese doesn't mean anything. The manufacturer knows best. Until you really start to develop your motor (i.e., dramatically increasing MEP or airflow through the motor), you don't need to play with your spark plugs at all. Stock is best unless you have the know-how to pick the proper plug.

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SamirDarji)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well what are the alternatives other than NGK would everyone suggest?</div>
    Well, I'd only recommend something Japanese (it's a Japanese car!). Denso is a good company and their u-groove are basically the same as the NGK v-power. I've actually found some domestic names, like Accel actually are made in Japan (look at the plug--strangely enough, both NGK and Denso are made in USA), but I've never tried them because they were waaaay expensive (it costs to have a Japanese company make it for you so you can slap your name on it, lol).</div>
    Just because the car is Japanese doesn't mean anything. The manufacturer knows best. Until you really start to develop your motor (i.e., dramatically increasing MEP or airflow through the motor), you don't need to play with your spark plugs at all. Stock is best unless you have the know-how to pick the proper plug.</div>
    Really? The car being Japanese has nothing to do with it? The manufacturer does know best. So why do they put in Japanese plugs from the factory? Why do they put in Japanese radiators? brake pads? master cylinders? Because it simply works better together. It's designed to work that way. Staying Japanese in a Japanese car just makes sense.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SamirDarji)</div><div class='quotemain'>Really? Â*The car being Japanese has nothing to do with it? Â*The manufacturer does know best. Â*So why do they put in Japanese plugs from the factory? Â*Why do they put in Japanese radiators? Â*brake pads? Â*master cylinders? Â*Because it simply works better together. Â*It's designed to work that way. Â*Staying Japanese in a Japanese car just makes sense.</div>
    Another hopeless JDM psycho.
    Listen, we're not dealing with people here. We're dealing with parts. Parts aren't racist. If you come across an American or German made part, it's not going to be shunned by the Japanese pistons or oil pump. It's a matter of quality, not "nationality."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast