The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear upper strut bar PROBLEM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SamirDarji)</div><div class='quotemain'>Take pics of the area. Â*I'm interested how this fits and doesn't. Â*I know a manufacturing company that could prototype a perfect fitting rear bar on my car and then mass produce it. Â*I was going to do that for the Altima before all the stuff went down in my life.</div>

that would be cool but seeing as how everyone says that its useless........well then its useless.</div>

it's not useless, because it's only $40, and for $40, you can't go wrong. and you don't have to get it mass produced, it's already made in excess.</div>

40 bucks! i got mine for 12 shipped on ebay. and what he ment was so that it can be produced to fit our cars with no modding(cutting holes).</div>

was the auction for a 2g eclipse??? b/c the 2g guys don't have to cut anything, b/c the rear towers are already exposed</div>

ofcourse it was for a 2g, i dont think they make a 7g rear upper strut bar.

Experienced TGC Member
    do i have to post it again??

THEY DONT MAKE ONE FOR A 7G BECAUSE WE DONT NEED IT!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>do i have to post it again??

THEY DONT MAKE ONE FOR A 7G BECAUSE WE DONT NEED IT!</div>

lol damn rob, take a chill pill homey... I just pointed that out b/c I think I confused him earlier :oops:

when is we gon be free????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>do i have to post it again??

THEY DONT MAKE ONE FOR A 7G BECAUSE WE DONT NEED IT!</div>

so let me get this straight, a 7g NEEDS a rear upper strut bar right? not like the hatchbacks which DONT need it.

just messin with ya man.

Experienced TGC Member
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

So I got a lower rear strut bar ready to install and then I red this thread.
    Then I went to the suspenssion forum and read that.
    Now I am really confuk-ed. Which is which? Is a higher one such as interior better or the one down low?

"Will a rear strut tower brace help the handling of my car?
    - Yes and No. Again location is very important in a good design. If the mounting point is too low it will lose its function. It has to stay high on the parts it is trying to keep from flexing. These are key points to remember when searching for a rear strut tower brace:
    If a strut bar (or any bar) has tie rod ends = IT ALLOWS FLEX
    If a brace uses adjustments = IT ALLOWS FLEX
    If a brace uses bolts for mounting = IT ALLOWS FLEX
    If a brace is mounted via welding = SIGNIFICANTLY LESS FLEX
    If a brace uses triangulation = SIGNIFICANTLY LESS FLEX
    Brace is used in the correct location = SIGNIFICANTLY LESS FLEX
    If a brace uses inferior material = IT ALLOWS FLEX
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

SamirDarji
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    do i have to post it again??

THEY DONT MAKE ONE FOR A 7G BECAUSE WE DONT NEED IT!
    I'd have to disagree with you on this one, at least on mine. Jack up one wheel and then open and close all your doors. If any of them are acting funny, there is body flex. Whichever doors have more problem--that area has more flex. I've seen it on mine. But I also got a "Made with pride in USA" one.

Well since, I bought the bar ( lower rear) I'm gonna put it on.
    I put on the front one and I really feel a difference in cornering.
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12