The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shaking.. any one.. please help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

shaking.. any one.. please help

hey... i got some rims few months ago and the tires were 205/40/ 17.. it shakes my car while going at 80 even after putting hubrings.. some tires shops said that the tires are too small.. the new rims as well as the new tires have to be the diameter as the stock ones.. the smaller the tires the more vibrartion it feels.. but some places told me its not the problem.. please.. help.. what do u guys think.. if any one has 17 ins on their car what siz tires do u have on.. 215/45/17 or 205/45/17.. or what.. please,, help .. car drives like shit..

loser00
    i had 17s on mine i never had that prob i had the same 205/45/17 i dont know what to tell you i had a better ride out of mine

BlankMan
    hubcentric rings if eveything else is checked ok (balance, alignment, rotors...). Also see this article.

J

i have 205/40/ 17.. and they are the smallest tires size for tires u can get and i guesss thats why it cannot take the vibration.. the less tires the worst a.. the more tire the smoother ride... thats kinda understandable so.. i do not know .. have already hub rings.. but i hope the right size

SamirDarji
    The other thing is that the tire is off-balance. You can have them re-balance all the tires and see if that helps.

If you don't want to pay to have them all re-balanced, you can rotate tires around until you can feel the vibration associate with a particular tire or set of tires (front left, right side, etc.). Then just have those balanced.

ive had 205/40/17 on my g and it didnt feel or look right, now i got 215/45/17 and they are much better. just my $.02

i know i have 205/40/17 and wehn i look at them seem something is wrong but.. i do not know..