The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 Galant ls won't start

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    tbyars8301

94 Galant ls won't start

My car just died while going about 50mph. Towed it home. I have perfect fuel pressure and injectors work. I have gteat spark on all plugs (new ones), even changed distrib cap and rotor. Timing belt and balance belt fine. All fuses and fusable links check good. Swapped around underhoo replays with no luke. Car will turn over like normal, but won't even sputter. I am seriously boggled.

BlankMan
    spark, fuel and air all check ok? Might be a sensor then... perhaps a cam position sensor - but I don't know how to test those on a 7g. On and 8g, though, that would be the next thing I check.

BTW - you say plugs are good. Did you use a external tester or other method to visably see the spark at the electrode while cranking? If not, check that first. If no spark then look at your main coil or even the distributor shaft. I've seen one instance where a shaft sheared...

J

tbyars8301

update

1st. Thanks for the crank sensor info, that will definitly be 1st in the morning.

2nd. Yes, the plugs were replaced and visable oberved for spark. The spark is very strong and it hurts to!