The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to turn off Daytime running lights?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    04galantlexani12
    i had the same promblem i just put the power wire to my high beams so durning the day no lights on and when i want to the hids on i just hit the hi beams so i cut no wire and when inspaction come i just put a stock bulb in and nothing was messed with

04galantlexani12
    to 9g isnt ur hid brighter then ur high beam from the stock 9007 bulb? so y would u use ur reguler high beam in stead of ur hids?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(04galantlexani12)</div><div class='quotemain'>to 9g isnt ur hid brighter then ur high beam from the stock 9007 bulb? so y would u use ur reguler high beam in stead of ur hids?</div>

I have the GTS headlights so i have 2 different light bulbs for low and high beems

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    9G Galants don't come with factory HIDs. I bought mine from ebay. Its the mculah(or something like that) that you can just plug in your stock wiring harness. I did that until I realized that the HID bulbs were flashing like a strobe light because of the DRL so I just hooked them up to my fogs and vice versa.
    The reason your lights flicker is because of the lack of voltage, same reason why those hid relay kits click, the voltage isn't enough to keep the relay contact closed so it opens and closes. Best way to fix the light flickering is to buy a capacitor, most hid sites have them

There is a pin you can bend in the ecu and it will stop power from flowing to the drls. Did this when I put my HIDs in and never had a problem. I will post the pin location tomorrow. If you just bend the pin vs cutting it out if you ever you want to undo it you just straighten the pin

I know, I know, I'm waking the dead here. Trying to turn off my DRLS, but unfortunately I can't see the pics from the OP. Could anybody help a brother out and post a pic of the correct pin to "bend." Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12