The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G72TT

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    MitsuBoyGalant

6G72TT

Is it possible to make an engine swap with an 6G72TT on a galant and what are other know engine swaps for it.

well, anythings possible if you have the money and resources bro...but if i remember right the 6g72tt from a 3000gt (if thats what you're referring to) are mounted 180degrees from our engines...so its definitely a challenge...if you havent searched yet...do that....all kinds of engine swaps have been discussed...EVO engines, 6g72tt, 6a13tt, etc etc....
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

MitsuBoyGalant
    looking at a more possible swap. The 6G72 V6 24valve how much hp do they run. Where could I buy mivic heads for the swap.

01GalantLSV6
    all 6G72s are 24 valve. perhaps you mean the dohc 6G72...and i can tell you it certainly is not worth the hassle of the swap for a few ponies. work with what you have and you will get much further for less $$.

MitsuBoyGalant
    what about the 6g72 3.0 dohc mivec engine from an jdm diamante and where can i find one, i searched ebay already

01GalantLSV6
    what about it? its got a tad more horsepower, and the mivec is a variable valve timing system similar to vtec.....its not worth swapping it in in the least. if you have a v6, or even an i4, your better off building up that engine (turbo or supercharger). to buy one of those jdm motors would be at least 2k, the swap would cost at least another 1500, thats a ton of money and you will get almost nothing out of it. plus the swap would be difficult because the engines are mounted differently, but thats a moot point. cost/effort to gain ratio is about a million to one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuBoyGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about the 6g72 3.0 dohc mivec engine from an jdm diamante and where can i find one, i searched ebay already</div>

This one used to be on ebay I'm not sure if he's still selling it. Engine swaps are easy to talk about, but hard to do, it might be easier to just turbo what you have instead of trying to be creative. The 13tt seems to be the easiest, but I don't know that much about the EVO swap which would be a better choice. If you search for 'engine swaps', you'll find allot of info, I'll even help you out.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...2585&highlight=

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ighlight=6a13tt
    Mike

Thanks bglocc and silver for pushing the search option..