The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mitsubishi galant 94 ls upgrade?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    Quote Originally Posted by protocolx219
    and hey .can u really get a galant 94 Ls to 300 hp?
    Yes, and then some. If built properly you could pull over 400 hp.

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_877
    ay Brandon, what kind of turbo are you using? and are you still using the A/T? if so hows that holding up with the turbo? any problems yet?
    14b

Yep, still have the stock A/T... but plan to do the swap in the coming months. I can't say for sure because I think I have an ECU issue, but the transmission definitely feels like it's taking a turn for the worst little by little.

Otherwise no real problems other than a slight oil leak from the return line.

and what is dohc or sohc.i think my galant has sohc 141 hp stock.is dohc faster than sohc?
    Dual Over Head Cam and Single Over Head Cam. Most galants came with a Single Over Head Cam which has one camshaft which operates both the intake and exhaust valves. The Dual Over Head Cams came on the 94 Galant ES and on the 4g63 motors found in the eclipse, talon, galant vr-4, and others. On a DOHC, there is one camshaft for exhaust valves and one for intake valves. The DOHC from the 1st generation eclipse (90-94) is the highest flowing head in stock form. A lot of people, when they turbo the galant, swap to the DOHC head.

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetDreams
    I agree with most of what Mindless said. Except, a stock 1g, 4g63 can run high boost and handle decent horsepower without building the motor. A few local guys run in excess of 20 psi and over 300 hp on stock internals with the 4g63. That being said, I still 100% agree, that if you ever have plans on boosting any motor over 20 psi, you should have a built motor to handle it. Like Mindless said, if you have plans to put down good numbers later, it is better to start with a good built motor, boosted or not.
    True, true.

edit: And speaking of built 63's...there was one in D-sport a couple of issues back that had a built 63 and was pushing something like 1100whp on the bottle. Impressive.

Proto2
    wow.up to 400 hp.i would like to c a galant of the 7th gen go to 400 hp.but i believe the 8th gen might easily go to 400 than the 7th gen

It's all in the amount of time and money you are willing to spend on it. Clay's galant vr-4 was up to 426 hp, with bent intake valves and mild tuning.

8G_GTZ
    and what is dohc or sohc.i think my galant has sohc 141 hp stock.is dohc faster than sohc?
    Dual Over Head Cam and Single Over Head Cam. Most galants came with a Single Over Head Cam which has one camshaft which operates both the intake and exhaust valves. The Dual Over Head Cams came on the 94 Galant ES and on the 4g63 motors found in the eclipse, talon, galant vr-4, and others. On a DOHC, there is one camshaft for exhaust valves and one for intake valves. The DOHC from the 1st generation eclipse (90-94) is the highest flowing head in stock form. A lot of people, when they turbo the galant, swap to the DOHC head.
    I could've sworn it was the GS not the ES.

steve

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g

steve
    yeah, the GS was the DOHC/4disc brake model, ES came only in SOHC
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wow.up to 400 hp.i would like to c a galant of the 7th gen go to 400 hp.but i believe the 8th gen might easily go to 400 than the 7th gen
    gimme till like mid july then you will :twisted:
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g

steve
    Well, you know what I meant. :oops: I don't know why I called it the ES. Sorry for the misinformation.

MITSU_BOY

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO.....

I'VE DECIDED THAT I'D DO AN ENGINE SWAP.

I ASKED AROUND AND MOST SAID THAT A VR4 TURBO RS ENGINE WOULD BE BETTER FOR MY CAR THAN MY STOCK 6A12 N/A TURBOED.

IT WOULD COST THE SAME BUT THE VR4 WOULD BE FASTER.....

IT WOULD BE AT MAYBE 240 HP STOCK AND WITHOUT THE BALANCER ABOUT 265 HP.....THAT'S OK SINCE I'M ON A BUDGET.....

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS =)

You are here entirely tooo much!!

Re: mitsubishi galant 94 ls upgrade?

for those of u that want to know where ive raced at is gun hill rd. and webster ave. from there just drag race to 233 rd street.i want to look out for races in hunts point.i still havent seen any races out there
    I pass by there all the time, havent seen you but will tell you this .................I'll eat your food :twisted:

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Re: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_BOY

I ASKED AROUND AND MOST SAID THAT A VR4 TURBO RS ENGINE WOULD BE BETTER FOR MY CAR THAN MY STOCK 6A12 N/A TURBOED.

IT WOULD BE AT MAYBE 240 HP STOCK AND WITHOUT THE BALANCER ABOUT 265 HP.....THAT'S OK SINCE I'M ON A BUDGET.....

how does removing the balancer gain HP. What is the draw back and would it help on a 4g64?
    '99 ES Fed Spec
    Apexi SAFC
    OBX "R" header
    2.5" header back exhaust
    Dynomax Resonator (replaced cat)
    Bullet style 4" muffler with removable baffle
    Injen CIA
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    NGK wires
    AEM Underdrive Pulleys (Alt, Water Pump)
    16" Alba rims

Interior:
    Leather seats (Aftermarket)
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Pioneer speakers

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

Re: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost711
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_BOY

how does removing the balancer gain HP. What is the draw back and would it help on a 4g64?
    you remove the balance shaft and/or belt. the engine has to spin less "things" from the crank. i dont know about 25hp increase from the balance shaft removed.....maybe 10hp
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

so will the engine run rough if you remove it? Any other drawbacks
    '99 ES Fed Spec
    Apexi SAFC
    OBX "R" header
    2.5" header back exhaust
    Dynomax Resonator (replaced cat)
    Bullet style 4" muffler with removable baffle
    Injen CIA
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    NGK wires
    AEM Underdrive Pulleys (Alt, Water Pump)
    16" Alba rims

Interior:
    Leather seats (Aftermarket)
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Pioneer speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12