The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is this turbo worth it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    phizz2k

Is this turbo worth it

Ok I found a turbo for sell and it looked on the small side but its for cheap. I wanted to know if it could fit or be any help to the 7g 2.4L?? Its a TE04H

8ggalant
    that turbo would be too small for your application...yer gonna wanna use a tdo5-14b or 16g @ least. Please do a search, quite a few members on here have posted about this...good luck

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Actually it would work well for the stock 7g 4g64's. Yes...those are small turbo's, but you don't need to over boost a stock 9:1 compression 4g64. Its good for a mild setup...and plus you can spool up boost quick, which will be good for the torque friendly 64.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

GalantGuy96
    thats a freakin tiny ass turbo.........why do u want that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats a freakin tiny ass turbo.........why do u want that?</div>

he said cause its cheap.....

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually it would work well for the stock 7g 4g64's. Yes...those are small turbo's, but you don't need to over boost a stock 9:1 compression 4g64. Its good for a mild setup...and plus you can spool up boost quick, which will be good for the torque friendly 64.</div>

i see what u mean but i dont agree...i mean if im not mistaken i saw an map on this turbo and its smaller than a t25...which i sure as hell wouldnt use on a 4g64

People...please understand that turbo sizing does not come down to a "4 cylinder = xxxx and big 4 cylinder = xxxx." It's a fairly in-depth process that requires a bit of info to complete properly. So far, the only person in this thread to come close has been 8ggalant. If you find me a compressor map for that turbo, I will size one for you.

Also, if anyone wants to look up a series of turbos for me, I can finally put to rest the 4g64 turbo argument once and for all. I'll do a map for 7, 12, and 15 lbs of boost on whatever turbos you want to see and tell you what turbos are the most effective on the 4g64 for each.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Id like to see compression maps for the 14b, evo3 16g, and pte 60trim. Effectively small, medium, and semi-large turbos. Heck I wouldnt mind seeing one on the FP3065 as well 8)
    7g for life!

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Id like to see compression maps for the 14b, evo3 16g, and pte 60trim. Â*Effectively small, medium, and semi-large turbos. Â*Heck I wouldnt mind seeing one on the FP3065 as well Â*8)</div>

forced performance makes sum nice ones...im partial to extreme perfomances tho (had one...well never actually on the car lol, but i did ride in the car i came off of and .......DAMN lol

phizz2k
    So i guess the age old question is true, it dosen't matter how big or small it is all about the compressor map or, the motion in the ocean. Anyways thanks for the info everyone and i'll take a more indepth look into this turbo and others as well...
    I also kinda of felt like because of the low price, I would'nt be getting that much bang for my buck as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phizz2k)</div><div class='quotemain'>So i guess the age old question is true, it dosen't matter how big or small it is all Â*about the compressor map or, the motion in the ocean. Â*Anyways thanks for the info everyone and i'll take a more indepth look into this turbo and others as well...
    I also kinda of felt like because of the low price, I would'nt be getting that much bang for my buck as well.</div>
    Well, the compressor map depends on the size of the turbo. The characteristics of the turbo are dependent on things such as A/R ratio, inlet and outlet size, and compressor wheel design. All these parts play crucial roles in the performance of the turbo.

phizz2k
    Hey scootin iduno if this will help but check this link out... I think this gives a little more info about this turbo.....its the 2 or 3rd one down....
    http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_turbo.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phizz2k)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey scootin iduno if this will help but check this link out... I think this gives a little more info about this turbo.....its the 2 or 3rd one down....
    http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_turbo.html</div>
    Well, he pretty much lays it out for you right there. The Mitsu turbo is fairly restricted, and he would suggest another. Everything about that turbo is just...small. If you want to give me a compressor map, I'll show you just how small it is.

phizz2k
    thanks for checking it out, I think I'am gona pass with this turbo but here is a list of maps for anyone who wanted to take a look....

http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/maps/#mitsu

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phizz2k)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks for checking it out, I think I'am gona pass with this turbo but here is a list of maps for anyone who wanted to take a look....

http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/maps/#mitsu</div>
    yeah, that won't flow shit.

Scootin, you seem to be the person to ask. What would be a good size turbo to run on the 4g64 with a ported DOHC running a front mount, upgraded ecu and injectors, and a fully built and balanced motor? I would like to run at least 20-25 psi. I planned on running the Evo 16g because it is fairly inexpensive and many people seem to like it. But I get mixed opinions when I ask about using one for my application.

The turbo is the last part I need to get before I drop this motor in my g; I've been procrastinating on buying one because I haven't got any good advice about it, and I don't know enough about them to make an educated decision. A few people have been steering me towards the 20g but I have worries about lag. Any input is appreciated.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Thanks.

8ggalant
    i think a big 16g will suit yer needs...u might look into a mitsu hybrid from forced performance or extreme performance (google it) they offer turbo's slightly bigger than the 16g but u WILL tell the differences

FYI evo's run that much pressure on a slightly diff 16g all day w/ no problem...not even leaving the turbo's efficeiny range (and if so barely).

Too small. Evo3 16gs are meant for 300-350whp on non built motors(63t). A built motor deserves something bigger. Try a 60 trim. PTE, AGP, many companys make them. THey can be good from 400-600whp. Im not sure about the Evo316g, but the big 16g starts to loose efficiency at 20-22psi on a 63t.
    7g for life!

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Too small. Â*Evo3 16gs are meant for 300-350whp on non built motors(63t). Â*A built motor deserves something bigger. Â*Try a 60 trim. Â*PTE, AGP, many companys make them. Â*THey can be good from 400-600whp. Â*Im not sure about the Evo316g, but the big 16g starts to loose efficiency at 20-22psi on a 63t.</div>

yea thats why i suggested him look for sumthin a lil bigger...i forgot about the 2.4l factor...a 60 trim should do nicely

2g GST with the following:

PTE gt35r, dsm link, 880cc injectors, gm maft, magnus intake manifold, pro street fmic (tial bov), arp main studs, ross pistons, manley rods, 29psi, hks 272 cams.

^Pump gas - ^Race gas

All done on a stock 2g head, SBR stage 3 block. The gt35r is a 60trim turbo iisnt it?

O yah, this is on a 2L 63t, same mods to the 2.4 = more power...
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast