01rbuild

going turbo, wrong?

what i got: all stoc
    turbo ecu
    turbo
    all the tubing, bov
    icooler
    mani and dpippe

i descided to go turbo first then do all electronic adjustments, because of a deal on parts $200 for all good cond.

im gona install now the turbo and run at 0 boost then upgrade:
    injectors, aem ems, fpump, gauges.

to install ill need to feed the water and oil lines and feed the t sensors...

please give me ideas.

Slow Poke
    i would just wait till u have everything so u can run boost .. boost is a greeat feeling..

maximus
    You can install the turbo that is the easy part but how are you going to keep the turbo at 0 boost?Also you risk running your car lean because the factory injectors won't produce enough fuel for your engine once turboed.I would not recommend installing your turbo untill you have all the right pieces.The only thing you should really install before a whole turbo set-up is:fuel pump,motor mounts,tranny cooler if your auto or a performance clutch,oil catch can,boost gauge,oil pressure gauge,air fuel gauge,just do the small stuff first.Its not worth blowing up your motor.IMO

brandon
    DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT install the turbo w/o installing everything else that goes along with it.

As mentioned above, you can install a new fuel pump, injectors, gauges.. etc. before the turbo, but not as you suggested.

8G_GTZ
    i have seen PLENTY of cars come through my shop because of that. please save yourself and others the time and get everything before you do that. people come in with turbo kits from ebay and they don't fit, go figure. just make a list of every nut, bolt, flange, gasket, and shit like that. double check and and check again.

steve