The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO ENGINE SWAP VIDEO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

EVO ENGINE SWAP VIDEO

Guys Hear is a small clip of my engine running in the car, disregard the green text I only had a test version when I edited it, nothing crazy yet, just trying to break it in. Thanks to seth for hosting the pics, and guys PLEASE keep this on topic.

http://www.iamsethmo.com/Vids/evogalant1.wmv
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

BlankMan
    Hmmm. Sounds like 1 or more cylinders are being quenched or have no compression.

J

Nah, they were 185 all around. Its idling lupity because I have no idle speed motor since i went to standalone. There are 2 small holes in the TB and air was getting past the TB even when it was closed, that problem has since been fixed. The video is untuned, just a baseline to get it running, once i get better vids I will post them as well.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Mindless
    Congrats dude. How much longer until it's done?

Well it is done, its been done for almost 2 months, just breaking it in before running any sort of boost
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Censee
    congrats man,,,,, ,,,,anyways,,,,,just a questions,,,,are u running open headers??? sounds loud.,

Quote Originally Posted by Censee
    congrats man,,,,, ,,,,anyways,,,,,just a questions,,,,are u running open headers??? sounds loud.,
    On turbo cars you cant run open headers because then the exhaust gas wouldnt go through the turbo, in the video clip I am running open downpipe thats why its incredibly loud.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee
    On turbo cars you cant run open headers because then the exhaust gas wouldnt go through the turbo, in the video clip I am running open downpipe thats why its incredibly loud.
    yea thats what i meant....

looks good man, congrats!
    -Travis

My Car

hot shit brian

damn...... that engine just sounds like it wants to let loose.....

So how long till you get that on the road? Must be a b*tch having to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingpinoy
    So how long till you get that on the road? Must be a b*tch having to wait.
    Its been on the road since novemeber. We are just finishing working out the bugs, waiting til the rings seat properly to break it in.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

My car sounded rought like that when i got my Talon on the road after it sat for 3 years from the previous owner.

Are you running the EMS or what stand-alone?

What injectors/turbo/ are you using? Love that external wastegate, they sound like they mean business. I have friends with the o2 dumb, they are obnoxious but sound threatending to a v8.

Sounds powerful :shock: . Excuse my ignorence but how much does an engine swap cost. Say I wanted to swap an Eclipse Sypder Engine in mine. What kinda paper should I be expecting to spend?
    Holla ATCHA BOI!!!!!

datdude305
    Quote Originally Posted by Drastic
    Sounds powerful :shock: . Excuse my ignorence but how much does an engine swap cost. Say I wanted to swap an Eclipse Sypder Engine in mine. What kinda paper should I be expecting to spend?
    Eclipse Sypder Engine is the engine u hav in there now :oops: the spyder is the same as the coupe and the got the same engines we do well atleast the 2000 and up do

only difference between the spyder and eclipse gt is the intake manifold, higher compression, and i think maybe somethin with the exhaust? and they're a 5spd compared to our auto slushbox
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse
    My car sounded rought like that when i got my Talon on the road after it sat for 3 years from the previous owner.

Are you running the EMS or what stand-alone?

What injectors/turbo/ are you using? Love that external wastegate, they sound like they mean business. I have friends with the o2 dumb, they are obnoxious but sound threatending to a v8.
    It sounds lumpity because it wasnt tuned yet, that vid is after it was first just stated. Im using an Electromotive Tec2 Standalone, in that vid I was running stock 560cc injectors, Garret 60-1 Turbo. Im about to install some Denso 720cc injectors next week.

Drastic as far as your swap question, the motors are identical from the 4cylinder eclipse to the 4 cylinder galant. Mitsu says the Eclipse has more power though because its their "sports car" The power is slighty and unnoticeable it comes mostly from a slighlty different tuning of the stock ECU, nothing special.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I have a V6 though. And its factory stock at the moment, under the hood anywayz. But I wanted more power and I kept seeing talk about 5 speed swaps and all engine swaps of the sort. I was just curious on what the price would average to be about. What is the most common engine swap.
    Holla ATCHA BOI!!!!!

There is really no other swap other than the EVO swap and for you with a V6 its harder, I had a 4cylinder so it was a lil easier, the 5 speed swap, a good, clutch and flywheel will make a big difference. For the 5 speed swap you'll spend about $900 for parts and then approx $1,000 for labor. You can build up your engine and put on a turbo kit or a supercharger
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast