The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO ENGINE SWAP VIDEO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is really no other swap other than the EVO swap and for you with a V6 its harder, I had a 4cylinder so it was a lil easier, the 5 speed swap, a good, clutch and flywheel will make a big difference. For the 5 speed swap you'll spend about $900 for parts and then approx $1,000 for labor. You can build up your engine and put on a turbo kit or a supercharger</div>
    hey stewi,,, any exact details what needs to be changed to a v6 galant to make the swap work besides the obvious motor and tranny etc??

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Pedro I havent fully looking into it yet, but I would imagine the front cross member, control arms, stabilizer bar, etc. I gotta check it out some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Censee
    im looking into doing this over sds or any other set up.....i just wanna make sure that it will work on the v6 beforhand..i know cali is in the process of looking for a motor....hopefully its not as hard,, and doable...would rather have the 4g63 ,,,since parts are a bundle for those motors...

good job B, cant wait to see that thing spring

JGMaverick

swap/sds

what would be cheaper though and more bang for the buck.. the swap or sds??

chance are the bang for the buck factor would be higher for getting the SDS...the cost is pretty comparable to turboing and the kit is pretty much plug and play. However, I doubt in the long run if the SDS will be nearly as customizable as the EVO swap because there are already a ton of people out there customizing the evo engine (vishnu hks etc etc). SDS relies on one tuner. Not taking anything away from his product but its just one person's take.

The drawback to the EVO swap is probably the cost (gotta get the motor/tranny) then get it running in the car, then if you want start to tinkering. That's gonna cost a pretty penny, just my .02.

Other than that...nice work Stewi
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

how much was the engine and everything including installation around?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12