The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wow you folks were right about Synthetic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42
    Senior TGC Member

Wow you folks were right about Synthetic

After a few minutes of driving it really kicked in...I thought I had an inline 6 for a sec, really smooth stuff. I should have had this done much, much sooner...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    ya i swtiched to full a while ago and love it i baby the hell out of my car
    - Atba

I have been running mobile one since my first oil change I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

Quote Originally Posted by burthold
    I have been running mobile one since my first oil change I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wes
    Me too.

Make sure you use CD-2 if your lifters are starting to make noise. You'll know it when you hear this annoying tapping noise when you start the car.

synthetic is all I ever use in my cars.

GREEN is the new BLACK

ehh, wtf is CD-2?

ehhh, go to the main page and read my testimonial - www.thegalantcenter.com

you still haven't told my what car you own. What the fuck is up with that?

Galant_01
    Rich,
    What ever happened to Reslone? I thought that was the recommendation! I started using that because you mentioned it and kind if like it! Now you have switched additives? Man, I can't keep up!

MrDomu
    Mobile 1 is so worth the extra cost.

113500 miles on my V6 and it runs smooth as glass.

Since all I hear is good things about Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil, on my next oil change I'm gonna try it.
    I will let ya know if I feel the difference......
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

Senior TGC Member
    The closest place I can buy Mobil 1 is about 13 miles away, so I stick with Castrol and Quaker State...maybe I oughta drive out there and see if it's worth it.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

EsRacer
    So now I know to use Mobile 1 next time. Has anyone heard anything about that royal purple brand? I think it's called that, but I don't know anything about it and don't know where to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant_01
    Rich,
    What ever happened to Reslone? I thought that was the recommendation! I started using that because you mentioned it and kind if like it! Now you have switched additives? Man, I can't keep up!
    Sorry about that. In that same post (on the old UBB site) I later said the tapping noise came back. Reelax even agreed with me on that. He originally recommended Rislone. In my opinion, CD-2 is a far better product. Been almost a month and the car is running smooth and the valves are nice and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgalant
    Since all I hear is good things about Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil, on my next oil change I'm gonna try it.
    I will let ya know if I feel the difference......
    You're really not going to feel the difference. Just knowing that the Synthetic doesn't break down or need to be changed as frequently as regular oil is the benefit. I'll say check your oil regularly, too. I go about 7,000 to 10,000 between changes but add a quart or two when needed. During these extended periods, it's best to add 1 bottle of CD-2 and 1 bottle of Mobile 1. Then at the next oil change, add 4 bottles of Mobile 1 and 1 bottle of CD-2 (for the V6).

Rich how often should you use that CD-2?

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Well, like I said above, since I go about 7 to 10,000 between changes, I would add the CD-2 around then, as the oil will be pretty dirty at that time and the valves will start to stick by then. Once you add the CD-2, it'll clean up the sludge that had build up on the valves. But this is just me. I'm somewhat lazy when it comes to oil changes.

I would add the CD-2 when the engine is starting to sound a little rough or at each oil change. It is a detergent so I imagine that it should not be used in place of oil but added when needed.

LatinGalant
    Just thought I should share this with you all, I to have starting using mobile 1 about 2 changes ago, also I use to just put 87 octane from whatever gas station and think it's all the same NO NO NO!!!! after the last oil change I started using premium from Texaco (my galant is a 4 cycle) and I feel the difference. I don't understand those people that say it does not help or do anything better I say yes it does. Better gas milage, better acceleration, smooth reving.

Exactly. I used this technique where I get Premium for the price of Regular. I can tell that the technique works by the way the car performs. If I did it right, I have immediate performance when I hit the accelerator. If the technique didn't work, the car hesitates and is more sluggish. I then know I just put 87 in the tank. So far this technique only works at Shell, Texaco & 76 gas stations that uses a single nozzle at the pump.

Tiptronic

Re: Wow you folks were right about Synthetic

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    After a few minutes of driving it really kicked in...I thought I had an inline 6 for a sec, really smooth stuff. I should have had this done much, much sooner...
    i just got it done today (penzoil) but havent noticed a change yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR

You're really not going to feel the difference. Just knowing that the Synthetic doesn't break down or need to be changed as frequently as regular oil is the benefit. I'll say check your oil regularly, too. I go about 7,000 to 10,000 between changes but add a quart or two when needed. During these extended periods, it's best to add 1 bottle of CD-2 and 1 bottle of Mobile 1. Then at the next oil change, add 4 bottles of Mobile 1 and 1 bottle of CD-2 (for the V6).
    thats absolutly false.
    the oil needs to be changed at the exact same intervals. i would NOT recommend going 10000 miles on 4 quarts of anyones oil.

in regards to the oil additives, well, thats up to you guys. In reality, it has not a single proven benefit other than a psychological boost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast