The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i'm goin back to stock.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Magnaflow is good, thats what I have at the moment 8)
    7g for life!

brandon
    I had a Ractive on my old Galant... they sound pretty good.

Remus is good but a LOT of money.

I like my Apexi now, but I don't think they make one in any of the styles you have above.

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetDreams
    Same set up as I have now on -G-rim. KYB AGX all around with SKUNK2 coilovers. Wheels were 17x7.5 Konig Tantrums with 215/40/17 Falken ZE502's. I had the coilovers set pretty low on -G-host...-G-rim doesn't sit as low but rides ALOT better and handles alot better too.
    I was trying to get an idea of how my ride will sit with the new suspension. KYB AGX struts and Eibach Sportlines. I have 18" wheels (the wheels from your friends Prelude) with 215/40/18 tires. I've searched for pictures with this suspension setup but couldn't find anything. I hope the Sportlines aren't too low.

Sorry for the hijack.
    Eibach Sportlines sit lower than Prokits...but they won't be as low as my current height. Your ride should be good...so I wouldn't sweat it.
    I gotta disagree with you there dude. The sportlines are loooooooow. My front tires are pretty much tucked. If I turn the wheel all the way in either direction it barely clears the fender and I mean barely. Be aware that riding on sportlines will cause your driver side axle to rub occasionaly. And will cause your passenger side CV boot to rub against a cross member. Also be aware that if you want to correct the camber caused by sportlines that (on the front at least) the upper control arms will rub the inside of the fender well if you get the camber fully corrected. I'm pretty sure you would have the same problem in the back if you installed the camber kit, but after having the front cam kit installed and talking with the mechanic I decided just to leave the rear alone. Also I was not able to get the rear wheels aligned because with the equipment he was using it was impossible to do. And the reason I had to go to this guy in the first place was because I couldn't get on a lift anywhere in town and most places (around here at least) won't do an alignment if your car is lowered. Not to mention that I have to pre plan my routes everywhere because I've bottomed that b!tch out before and it's not funny.

Just my 2 cents.

Mindless
    A honda owners perspective on going too low:

http://www.westworld.com/~joe_r/toolow.htm#dumped

Mindless, what size tires do you have? I bought the Ingalls front and rear camber kit; you're telling me that the upper control arms will rub? That sucks! You had the Erac1ng front bumper installed correct? How much room did you have between the bottom of the front bumper and the ground? Sorry for all the questions, but now I am concerned. The difference in height between the Prokit and the Sportlines was less than 1/2", so I didn't think there would be a clearance problem. Maybe I can exchange them...hopefully. Unless someone here would like to buy them???

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless

That dude is just a plain idiot...he asked for it. Things are in the suspension for a reason.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Mindless
    Mindless, what size tires do you have? I bought the Ingalls front and rear camber kit; you're telling me that the upper control arms will rub? That sucks! You had the Erac1ng front bumper installed correct? How much room did you have between the bottom of the front bumper and the ground? Sorry for all the questions, but now I am concerned. The difference in height between the Prokit and the Sportlines was less than 1/2", so I didn't think there would be a clearance problem. Maybe I can exchange them...hopefully. Unless someone here would like to buy them???

I'm rolling on stockies. Clearance for the front wasn't a problem. I had like 3" maybe a little more. Compared to like 1 1/2" when I had the shogun front on.

Yes the upper control arms will rub and they will hit the inside of the fenderwell.

I'm not too sure what you mean about the 1/2" difference. What are you basing that off of?

Mindless

That dude is just a plain idiot...he asked for it. Things are in the suspension for a reason.
    Lol...I know.

I'm not too sure what you mean about the 1/2" difference. What are you basing that off of?
    The prokit springs are listed at 1" rear and 1.5" front drop. The sportline springs are listed at 1.6" front and rear. I didn't think 1.6" would be too low. I guess since they are made for the eclipse, the weight difference makes the galant sit lower with them.

Mindless
    I guess since they are made for the eclipse, the weight difference makes the galant sit lower with them.
    Yeah that's the thing....it drops the galant like 2.6"....lol.

I guess since they are made for the eclipse, the weight difference makes the galant sit lower with them.
    :shock: 2.6" :shock: That's too low!!! Damn. Anyone want to buy some Sportline springs???

Mindless
    :shock: 2.6" :shock: That's too low!!! Damn. Anyone want to buy some Sportline springs???
    Pu it this way...kiss ALL of your fender gap goodbye.

8G_GTZ
    i hear if you want eibachs, you might as well get the pro kit, because the sportline is like getting Ractive or something like that. if they weren't rated so bad, i'd be all over them with a set of Tokico 5-ways.

steve

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g
    i hear if you want eibachs, you might as well get the pro kit, because the sportline is like getting Ractive or something like that. if they weren't rated so bad, i'd be all over them with a set of Tokico 5-ways.

steve
    They're not bad as far as the ride. In fact it's probably the best ride I've had so far especially for being sooo low. They weren't made for a galant...that's the problem. I've seen a pic of an eclipse with sportlines and the drop isn't as aggresive.

It's pretty much the same thing I was talking about here:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=32738

Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g

steve
    They're not bad as far as the ride. In fact it's probably the best ride I've had so far especially for being sooo low. They weren't made for a galant...that's the problem. I've seen a pic of an eclipse with sportlines and the drop isn't as aggresive.

It's pretty much the same thing I was talking about here:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=32738
    Mindless, could you do me a favor? Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but could you measure the height from the ground to the top of the wheel wells, front and rear? Also, could you tell me the tire size you have? I want to get a good picture of what the drop is going to be, so I can decide if I'm going to put them on or get some Prokits. I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

By the way, I'm really diggin' your new avatar!

Mindless
    Yeah dude I did that for your enjoyment.

I'll get the measurement as soon as the weather clears up. It's icing outside right now.

Thanks Mindless.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StreetDreams)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks Mindless.</div>

Np dude.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>I gotta disagree with you there dude. The sportlines are loooooooow. My front tires are pretty much tucked. If I turn the wheel all the way in either direction it barely clears the fender and I mean barely. Be aware that riding on sportlines will cause your driver side axle to rub occasionaly. And will cause your passenger side CV boot to rub against a cross member. Also be aware that if you want to correct the camber caused by sportlines that (on the front at least) the upper control arms will rub the inside of the fender well if you get the camber fully corrected. I'm pretty sure you would have the same problem in the back if you installed the camber kit, but after having the front cam kit installed and talking with the mechanic I decided just to leave the rear alone. Also I was not able to get the rear wheels aligned because with the equipment he was using it was impossible to do. And the reason I had to go to this guy in the first place was because I couldn't get on a lift anywhere in town and most places (around here at least) won't do an alignment if your car is lowered. Not to mention that I have to pre plan my routes everywhere because I've bottomed that b!tch out before and it's not funny.

Just my 2 cents.</div>

What struts did you have installed?

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StreetDreams)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>I gotta disagree with you there dude. The sportlines are loooooooow. My front tires are pretty much tucked. If I turn the wheel all the way in either direction it barely clears the fender and I mean barely. Be aware that riding on sportlines will cause your driver side axle to rub occasionaly. And will cause your passenger side CV boot to rub against a cross member. Also be aware that if you want to correct the camber caused by sportlines that (on the front at least) the upper control arms will rub the inside of the fender well if you get the camber fully corrected. I'm pretty sure you would have the same problem in the back if you installed the camber kit, but after having the front cam kit installed and talking with the mechanic I decided just to leave the rear alone. Also I was not able to get the rear wheels aligned because with the equipment he was using it was impossible to do. And the reason I had to go to this guy in the first place was because I couldn't get on a lift anywhere in town and most places (around here at least) won't do an alignment if your car is lowered. Not to mention that I have to pre plan my routes everywhere because I've bottomed that b!tch out before and it's not funny.

Just my 2 cents.</div>

What struts did you have installed?</div>

GR-2's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12