The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What does spark plug wires do for the car???

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Fasttech

What does spark plug wires do for the car???

I want to buy a pair but I don't know what they would do for my car.
    Which ignition wires would be best for performance or good enough for
    performance?
    Cheap pair I could get

High performance wires will deliver a more consistent and in most cases a more powerful spark to your cylinders. More spark, more fuel burned, more efiiciency. Are you going to see any significant horsepower gains from new wires? No! But they're a good part of the overall package.

I swear by Magnecor 8.5mm wires. Theyre 100% silicone and have large conductors to carry all the spark. They're also a larger gauge wire than stock which are about 6mm. I've had them on my car almost since it was new and love them. That's my two cents.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

MrDomu
    You do not want to buy Cheap spark plug wires. They wont stand up to the heat from the engine and will dry out and fail much faster than a good set. Buy at least factory wires from the dealer at minimum.

MrDomu
    You do not want to buy Cheap spark plug wires. They wont stand up to the heat from the engine and will dry out and fail much faster than a good set. Buy at least factory wires from the dealer at minimum.