The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just received my headers

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    01GalantLSV6

Just received my headers

well my headers came today. i will try and have them installed by the weekend. they are used amss headers (only 500 miles), with the raspy leak problem already corrected, brand new gaskets, powdercoated, with a RIPP high flow cat. these are short headers, but it appears the guy i bought them off of sent me some sort of aftermarket downpipe (did amss make one as an option?). ill let you guys know how it sounds once its on, and if i notice any gains N/A. i am sure the gains when i spray will be impressive.

Awesome, try to throw some pictures up as well. Also let us know how much louder it is at idle, cruise, and WOT than with just an aftermarket custom exhaust (if you have one). I want to go the header route but am skepitcal because I am worried about the loudness factor.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

01GalantLSV6
    will do...i already have full custom catback exhaust with 2.5 inch piping and an obx b5 muffler.

didnt you post that you were going turbo? or you just trying to up hp for the mean time?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

01GalantLSV6
    didnt you post that you were going turbo? or you just trying to up hp for the mean time?

yes, i have a 6G72 in my garage currently ripped open for a rebuild . this is all for part time fun. stumbled across this deal on club3g (300 shipped)...wasnt planning on headers but just decided to treat myself to a gift with some birthday money.

AMSS did make a downpipe. i have their 2nd gen downpipe sitting in the shed. just waiting til it gets a lil warmer before i go to install it. the state wants to sniff my car so i'll put it on after i take it to the sniffer.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

01GalantLSV6
    AMSS did make a downpipe. i have their 2nd gen downpipe sitting in the shed. just waiting til it gets a lil warmer before i go to install it. the state wants to sniff my car so i'll put it on after i take it to the sniffer.

good to know i guess it is the amss downpipe.