The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Domelight, radio, keyless entry, trunk light - not working

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    _Nosnivs_

Domelight, radio, keyless entry, trunk light - not working

Hey, hows it goin?

Tonight when I got in my car after I got off work, my radio didnt come on and my dome lights didnt either. I made sure my deck was plugged in right and that the power was on..still no response. I also noticed my trunk light didnt work either. I checked all my fuses (inside and inside the hood also) and they are all good. My lock and unlock no longer work with the wireless remote either. Anyone know what the prob is?

Thanks in advance.

(BTW: Yes I did look up on this topic in here, and I found a subject, but his fuse was blown, which solved his problem..mine isnt blown, that's why I posted a new topic, thanks.

GalantGuy96
    did the car start???????

open your hood and double check the two red 10 amp fuses in the engine bay fuse box. they are the ones that have that lil yellow plastic frame looking thing that holes them.

do the power locks work? how about the other interior lights?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

_Nosnivs_
    Yes my car did start.

And yea, I'm gonna double check those in the morning, I had just came out of worked and took a flashlight through the fuses under the hood and they all seemed fine. I know it has to be a fuse problem, so I'm gonna re-check it in the morning, Hopefully it is or it might be sumthin serious.

Thanks for the quick respsonses though, it's good to know people try to help out.

Mathas
    To further expand on what Pinoy said, it's this one:

TGC Regular
    check out this thread, it might help...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...2216&highlight=

_Nosnivs_
    Ok it was the fuse, sorry bout that. It was at night time when I looked and it looked alight, but oh well.

Now everything works besides the keyless entry. It works locking the car but not when I try to unlock..whats up with that?

does the unlock button on the drivers door work??

_Nosnivs_
    Yep, just not on the keyless entry remote.

the car came with 2 remotes. do you have the other remote? does the unlock work with that?

TGC Regular
    maybe try taking out the battery out of the remote, and putting it back in..??

_Nosnivs_
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    the car came with 2 remotes. do you have the other remote? does the unlock work with that?
    Yea, I tried that, doesn't work on the other remote either.

hmm i gotta break out the manual. but yea, do you have any kinda like aftermarket alarm or something.

_Nosnivs_
    Nope. The only aftermarket thing I have at all right now is my deck and speakers.

fuck this juss happend to me too. fix the lights N shit but tha doors R still fucked up.............
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

I had the same problem when my wires to my domelights burn into and grounded out on the roof I took mine to the dealership and it cost me $140 to get it fixed, when it happend again I unhooked my dome lights and replaced the fuse and everything works except my domelights of course.
    Holla At Ya Boy!!

Calipso
    Thank God for TGC. I'm having this same exact problem word for word as the thread creator did. Guess next time my dumbass will disconnect the battery when messing around with wires and such.

Off to autozone tommorow to replace the fuses.

yeah fuses. that same exact fuse in the pic blew on me twice messing with electronics( way to many without power upgrades) first time paid dealer to replace fuse over 100 with 75 diagnotsitc and fuse replacement and labor. always check every single fuse with multimeter and not test light ( will cause fuses to blow sometimes depending on fuse) before paying when anything out of the norm goes out in my opinion.
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

Calipso
    Wow, dealer charged you $100 to change a fusE? What a ripoff. :?