The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just Bought

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon957g
    Those of you who haven't put any or very little into repair bills, consider yourself DAMN lucky.

I just think my car was a lemon from the start. The day after I bought it, the Idle Air Control went horribly bad...had to replace many things....etc.
    Apparently the engine in it wasn't original either.... damn POS auction car.

Consider yourselves lucky. Had my old Galant been in better mechanical condition? I would have kept it and modded it...but...my faith in Mitsubishi's has diminished since I got the Civ.

This lil' 1994 Civ' EX VTEC has 195k on it---unrebuilt motor, unrebuilt tranny, body is straight, all the past owner did was change the oil and service it regularly. All it has is a tiny lifter tick which is typical of Civics.
    It is running proof that Honda's do last forever if they are taken care of...

That one Galant? All I did was baby it, and drove her hard when race time came, but it fell apart. If the Civic ever gets totaled, I will definitely consider buying an 8th gen Galant.

But...good luck with your Galant's guys. They're good vehicles if they are well taken care of from mile 1.

Dude, What's lemon anyway?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon957g
    Those of you who haven't put any or very little into repair bills, consider yourself DAMN lucky.

I just think my car was a lemon from the start. The day after I bought it, the Idle Air Control went horribly bad...had to replace many things....etc.
    Apparently the engine in it wasn't original either.... damn POS auction car.

Consider yourselves lucky. Had my old Galant been in better mechanical condition? I would have kept it and modded it...but...my faith in Mitsubishi's has diminished since I got the Civ.

This lil' 1994 Civ' EX VTEC has 195k on it---unrebuilt motor, unrebuilt tranny, body is straight, all the past owner did was change the oil and service it regularly. All it has is a tiny lifter tick which is typical of Civics.
    It is running proof that Honda's do last forever if they are taken care of...

That one Galant? All I did was baby it, and drove her hard when race time came, but it fell apart. If the Civic ever gets totaled, I will definitely consider buying an 8th gen Galant.

But...good luck with your Galant's guys. They're good vehicles if they are well taken care of from mile 1.

I feel you on the lemon part :?

when is we gon be free????

95 ES - 222K

engine rebuilt at 172k

tranny rebuilt at 173k

currently rebuilding the engine again to correct my previous mistakes.

I drive around 165 miles a day.

I ended buying a 2001 Honda Civic because Mitsu dealers are fading away.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    '03 es
    bought in february of 2003 with only 630
    now : 2005 with 33k oh i love those trips to cali

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    btw there is already a thread about this subject https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewf...wforum.php?f=29

mattonbass
    97 galant de - just got it in Feb. 05 - 105,000 Miles
    No probs just had it checked out. New tires, bulbs an such

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12