The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OPtima Red

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

OPtima Red

Has any1 tried to recharge an optima red?

I've had my optima red for like 2, 2.5 years and i think it doesn't have that much of a punch as it used to be. Its probably running down since i have my alarm on most of the time, my audio system, the aftermarket lighting i have and the fact that its really cold outside.

We have a regular battery charger here at home but that won't work with the optima red since it is a gel cell battery. Imma take it to autozone 2morrow to see if they can recharge it.

Just wanted to see people's feedback about the issue.

Oh yea, 2.5 years is good for a battery in my car. The two batteries that i had before the optima red have only lasted a lil over a year.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    You might wanna check AutoZone for a battery charger that works on Gel cell batteries. I saw one they had in there yesterday when I went to get a few parts. It was around $59. Here is a link: Battery Charger
    I'm thinking about getting one to try out, especially for hooking up the car's battery at shows once I get the ride right.

I was wondering about charging a red top as well, but I won't have to now. I've had my Galant parked since the first snow fall and haven't started it until this past weekend. I thought for sure the battery would be dead. Luckily when I started the car, it started up. There was a sort of slow drone like the battery was dead, but then the car just fired right up.

i took my battery to autozone and they charged it up for me for free. they did a diagnosis on the battery just to make sure it was still good and then they charged it up. good as new.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.