The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hey guys New g member

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    2002GALANTes4door

Hey guys New g member

whats up everyone? i just wanted to get into some type of galant forum so i can learn more things about the slush-o-matic galant. i had like 10 different cars before this one and im going on 19 now, mostly all hondas. and i did the clear corner mod but the first light i did i scratched it all up, like the metal reflection material inside. But after that one the second one was easy. and i also changes the bulbs to hyper white and made my headlights the silverstars in hyperwhite also. another thing i tried was nightshade on the whole headlight, it looked sick but since my lights are kind of pitted it came out crappy so i just left the corners so it looks kind of like a 2 piece light. im satisfied with it, next will be using vinyl and making my eyelids. only mods so far is a intake, remote start,alarm,keyless entry.tinted windows,and a nice drop. sorry if i type like crap with grammer and stuff, bare with me. Only thing i really need help on is a tutorial on the 5 speed swap i know im going to get the search thing from all of you.. which ive done so many times now for like the past 2 months... i have a 2002, im pretty sure on the parts situation what i need i just thought that someone had pictures of there interior with the 5spd in there and stuff and i figured someone would have a tutorial by now. but any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.. proud to be a galant owner

welcome to TGC

Welcome to TGC, I hope you find our website useful.
    Love,
    Matt

2002GALANTes4door
    Did anyone make a tutorial yet for the 8g swap from auto to 5spd ive searched for a long time and never came across one i belive vtec killer was suppose to have one, id really like to see pictures of one..

WOW

Damn I didnt know you could swap auto to 5 spd. I would love to know about that my damn self.

Re: WOW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macknati)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn I didnt know you could swap auto to 5 spd. Â*I would love to know about that my damn self.</div>

yes, if you have the i4 the 3g eclipse GS/RS 5spd tranny will bolt right on. if you have the v6, then the 3g eclipse GT will bolt right on.

it'll cost you a lil over $1000 to do it yourself.

it is possible. 8ggalant has done it already and loves it

i'm going to do it when my auto tranny blows. or when i do an engine swap .

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

WOW

Do you know of anybody on here that has done it. Im new to this site.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>it is possible. 8ggalant has done it already and loves it</div>

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    wow 10 cars any your only 18. :? please be careful with your G.

if you had a galant youd be home by now....oh wait...you do....

TGC Regular

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    it'll cost you a lil over $1000 to do it yourself.</div>

it depends where you look. i have a v6 5speed sitting in my garage right now and i only paid $700 for everything. now i'm just waiting to get a lightweight flywheel
    Your signature is too long.

Experienced TGC Member
    http://socallifestyle.com/tutorial/tutorial.html
    Peanotation has done the 5spd swap into his 7G. I believe it will be almost 100% the same.

8ggalant
    i just quickly looked over peano's tutorial and its 90% correct there are a few more things to worry about but if there are any ?'s u can pm me...i doubt ill have time to write a tutorial as i have another project car thats whippin my @$$ @ the moment....i didnt have any guidelines or tutorial to go by...a member gave me his number and i called him the few times i had a hiccup/bump in the road/install....good luck and let me know if u need anything

DAMN

RYANS99es 2.4 Please let me know what steps you would take to getting the engine or whatever you have to do. Did you go to Mitsubishi to do the engine swap or did you do it yourself? Do you have to buy a whole new engine?

just saying hi...

Welcome to TGC.