The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Taking Out The Air Filter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drastic)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey! Â*Thats like one of the most helpful post I've ever recieved... (it even seemed a little inspirating) Â*But thankx for that info. Â*You answered another question I had before I even asked it. Â*(The difference between CAI and Short Ram) Â*I'll be getting one soon now that all thats cleared up.

Injen, Weapon R, or AEM though? Â*I've heard some good and some bad about Weapon R (actually the only good is what lootrock posted early on this topic) but what's the most popular?

Do after market intakes use the black box that near the end of the factory intake. Â*The little computer thing that reads your air flow. Â*Is that just pushed aside or takin out or something? Â*Or does the aftermarket intake run through it as well?

I'm leaning torward the Weapon R.</div>

you gotta use that black box, the MAS if you want your car running correctly. if you take it out or simply just unplug it, your car will go into limp mode and won't run right.

as for intakes, aem is pretty good haven't heard any complaints from them. injen is pretty good too. in the past (way back in the day) people had some fitment issues but those were fixed. weapon-r had more fitment issues than the injen. besides that normal battery rub that every1 got, there was also problems with the MAS adaptor fitment. some people had to modify that for things to work right. i don't know if those were fixed since then but last time i checked, they haven't. know knows.

but yea, the reason weapon-r and injen had those problems with the battery rubbing is because those were one of the first intakes made for our cars. on paper things can look all good and well but you got to test things in reality and through time to see if things really work. injen figured out the problem and has redesigned their intake saveral times to correct different issues that they have had. their customer service is excellent too.

injen and aem are also C.A.R.B. approved. that might not mean anything to you where you live but it shows how much aem and injen stand behind their intakes for our cars and do their best to please us and our needs.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I having no problem with battery rubbing at all. And as far as needing your MAS, well once it disconnects while you are driving, your car will just completely turning. Oh man, did I find that out the hard way. Actually the same day I put on the intake, but the coupler needed to hook up to the MAS, I needed too hook up to the throttle body instead thanks to weapon R but like I said before, that is no problem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the cone filters are universal. you just have to get the one that fits the adaptor.

the adaptors are not universal. differnt makes like toyota, mazda, nissan have different adaptors, they look the same but the bolt parttern is different. Â*

within the mitsu product line, any of the adaptors that look similar to the one pictured in the auction would work. that means you can use adaptors from the eclipse, motero, montero sport, lancer, evo and etc. just make sure that the adaptor looks similar to the one picured.</div>

Does the I-4 adapter fit the es V6?
    Holla ATCHA BOI!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drastic)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the cone filters are universal. you just have to get the one that fits the adaptor.

the adaptors are not universal. differnt makes like toyota, mazda, nissan have different adaptors, they look the same but the bolt parttern is different. Â*

within the mitsu product line, any of the adaptors that look similar to the one pictured in the auction would work. that means you can use adaptors from the eclipse, motero, montero sport, lancer, evo and etc. just make sure that the adaptor looks similar to the one picured.</div>

Does the I-4 adapter fit the es V6?</div>

the i4 adaptor fits the v6, i4, montero, lancer. they all use the same bolt pattern on adaptor

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Well thanks guys but I'll think I'll just go with the adaptor and cone filter for now. It should at least give me more of the sound I'm looking for and I'll be able to save my money until I want to really spend some big cash. That'll be first performance mod so far. Then I'll do some lowering or whatever? I don't want a body kit right now because the roads around here would eat up the hell out of it any ways. Not to mention getting it painted and all that. I found a nice price on Some under glow lights $80.00 around the cornere at Advance Auto Parts and I'll be getting them too. Thankx for your help and I'll post pictures and results after a while :darthgrin:
    Holla ATCHA BOI!!!!!

hey i finally got word back from the guy...he only has one NIB Injen short ram in red left. think he was selling them for about 90 bucks.

When you say in red, are you talking about the filter. I mean I can replace whatever's red with blue right?
    Holla ATCHA BOI!!!!!

nah, the piping will be all red.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12