The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: glove box problem

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

glove box problem

ok well my glove box kinda sits a little slanted and its drving me crazy. it does it when there is no stuff in it too. anyone know what i can do to make it sit level all the way across. becuase the right side sags down like 1/2in. can i like tighten up some screw or or somethingthat will eliminate this problem. ill try and get pics later after work. but if anyone knows wh yits doing this.

Grenbogys
    yea mine does this too, but i don't know how to fix it. I was just going to see if i could figure out why it isn't sitting level when i paint everything. if anyone knows how to fix this i would appreciate it as well.

Dont have the crooked problem...yet.But as of 5 days ago when I got the 99 GTZ,I cant even get into the glove box.The latch/lock is screwed up and is stuck sticking out.Any ideas? I went ahead and ordered a complete latch assembly,but am not sure how to get at it and work on it.
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

Aztec
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grenbogys)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea mine does this too, but i don't know how to fix it. I was just going to see if i could figure out why it isn't sitting level when i paint everything. if anyone knows how to fix this i would appreciate it as well.</div>

ditto

There is a problem with our glove boxes,

Read up on this post and get the new latch for it.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...hlight=glovebox
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is a problem with our glove boxes,

Read up on this post and get the new latch for it.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=7045&highlight=glovebox</div>Thanks for the link,& I ordered a new latch even before I found this forum.I had no idea how widespread the stupid glove box problem was! :shock:
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

BluFalcon
    Mine did the same thing, and eventually the latch failed entirely. I ordered a new latch from the dealer and the parts guy didn't seem suprised when I picked it up. Evidently this is a common problem like VegasMatt said earlier. The latch assy cost about $29 total.

Soup
    Take your glove box out and make sure that both of the two black screws are in all the way, i took my glove box off and it sagged to the right...both of the screws werent in all the way and it fixed the problme. Only problem i have with the glove box is that it raddles, as i hit bumps ive tryed many things and cant seem to fix it, hope this helps your problem.

I had mine fixed under warranty years ago, but after a while it started rattling again. I think this time it has to do more with how stiff my suspension is than anything else because the lock mechanism is still fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I had mine fixed under warranty years ago, but after a while it started rattling again. I think this time it has to do more with how stiff my suspension is than anything else because the lock mechanism is still fine.</div>Is this something that some felt or something placed where glovebox parts "rub" could cure? And if the screws back out,could you put something on the threads to stop it? I dont know about this stuff...the cars new to me,and so far havent even been able to even open the glovebox door,but te latch assmbly's on its way,along with recall parts that were never addressed ,a gas door,& new washer nozzles.