The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear tails for a 7g

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 60
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is what i mean

the little reflector pice is on the left. with some red residue on it</div>

So that piece that is sitting to the left of the light is clear? Does it pop back in under the turn signal light? I think that it can be siliconed in if it will sit where it's supposed to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>can someone post a pic of all three pieces installed and working? i wanna know if its worth it, cause i have an extra set of taillights.</div>

I haven't done the corner lights, and I haven't even started trying to silicone and finish off the center light. Too many projects going on at once. I think that it would be worth doing, especially if you have and extra set of taillights. It's going to take some time to finish off the edges to make it look good.

Theres no clip or nothing on it and the red cover its attached to held it in place fo it would be flush if you put it in by its self it will sit on the bottom and the other half will be higher. I finished "clearing" all 3 of the lights. I cant get pics of them with red lights in em cuz then id have to put back all my wiring just to get power.....but ill get a pic of all 3 on the car
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Theres no clip or nothing on it and the red cover its attached to held it in place fo it would be flush if you put it in by its self it will sit on the bottom and the other half will be higher. I finished "clearing" all 3 of the lights. I cant get pics of them with red lights in em cuz then id have to put back all my wiring just to get power.....but ill get a pic of all 3 on the car</div>

Cool, I would love to see all three of them together.

Russian7G
    it is sooo illegal
    you would be stopped by every single cop for not having red reflectors on the back of the car

and even if it was legal.. do you really want somebody to crash into your car because he wasn't able to see it ahead?
    his/her insurance wouldn't cover it - because it's your fault

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russian7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>it is sooo illegal
    you would be stopped by every single cop for not having red reflectors on the back of the car

and even if it was legal.. do you really want somebody to crash into your car because he wasn't able to see it ahead?
    his/her insurance wouldn't cover it - because it's your fault</div>

If you have red bulbs in them, they are not illegal.

well every state has ther own laws about light so what might be illegal in one sate isnt in another state. Im not making them to use everyday just for a lil show off now and then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>well every state has ther own laws about light so what might be illegal in one sate isnt in another state. .</div>

True.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StreetDreams)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>well every state has ther own laws about light so what might be illegal in one sate isnt in another state. .</div>

True.</div>

in california you NEED red reflectors in the tail lights somewhere. i'm not sure how the new lexus SUV got away without them, but red bulbs should keep you pretty safe untill a cop with nothing better to do sees you, then you're dead meat.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StreetDreams)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>well every state has ther own laws about light so what might be illegal in one sate isnt in another state. .</div>

True.</div>

in california you NEED red reflectors in the tail lights somewhere. i'm not sure how the new lexus SUV got away without them, but red bulbs should keep you pretty safe untill a cop with nothing better to do sees you, then you're dead meat.</div>

you sure it has to be in the taillights?? i know iwth the lexus they put the reflectors in the bumper.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

not bad.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Looks good. Did you finish off the edges and seal the clear lens? Any close up pics?

Nice work 8)

No money to buy sealant or bondo. Anyone got a suggestion on what to use to seal them up so no water gets in them? What shoud i use to fill in the gaps of where the red cover was? Bondo? F/g?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>No money to buy sealant or bondo. Anyone got a suggestion on what to use to seal them up so no water gets in them? What shoud i use to fill in the gaps of where the red cover was? Bondo? F/g?</div>

Clear silicone to seal the lens.

Here's a few ideas to fill the gap where the red cover was:

1.) Bondo; would be a pain in the ass to fill in the gap. A lot of sanding. Needs to be primed, sanded, and painted. Probably would crack because the housing is somewhat flexible.

2.) Black Silicone; would need to get it very smooth, but no sanding or painting would be required. Stays flexible.

3.) Expanding Foam Sealant; would have to use extremely small amounts because the gap is so small. Messy and sticky. Can be cut flush with a knife. Would need to prime, sand, and paint.

4.) Fiberglass; very messy. Hard to work with in such a small area. A bitch to sand. Very time consuming. Would probably stiffen up the entire housing considerably, though.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I would say try the expanding foam. It would probably be the easiest to do. Just have to mask off any areas where the foam might overflow onto. The foam can be cut, sanded, and painted.

Come to think of it, I have a can of expanding foam sealant....I'm going to go outside right now and try it on a small portion of the light. I'll post the results.

Thought I'd try it. I removed the clear lens so that I didn't get any of the sealant on it. I filled in the grey piece around the reverse lights also. It should expand more, then I'll cut it down with a knife and prime it. We'll see if it works.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    with all this comes another idea, i wonder if i could take the red part out of the tails so it will look like the vr4 taillights. instead of clearing them totally, just clear the bottom red reflectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    with all this comes another idea, i wonder if i could take the red part out of the tails so it will look like the vr4 taillights. instead of clearing them totally, just clear the bottom red reflectors.
    swap your tails for the 97-98 tails (and trunk), the only thing is there four peice. And lighter, the vr4 has a slight darker tint to it.

Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

GalantGuy96
    those look pretty sick imo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    only thing about 97-98 is that i want the red across the top of the trunk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast