The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear tails for a 7g

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 60 of 60
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Im very interested in those clear tails, cant wait till you post everything needed for this project. They look sweeet.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Im going to start a Tail light project, but I have 97/98 tails should be similar. How do you seperate the lense from the bucket? stick in the oven for how long at what temp?
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russian7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>it is sooo illegal
    you would be stopped by every single cop for not having red reflectors on the back of the car

and even if it was legal.. do you really want somebody to crash into your car because he wasn't able to see it ahead?
    his/her insurance wouldn't cover it - because it's your fault</div>

eh. its not that bad. i rode clear tails for about 6 months. yes they were illegal. but the cops didn't bother me. untill i decided to buy cheep red bulbs for them, which ended up looking yellow. but the cop didnt even say the word "refelector" when he got me. i think this is a bit of an over reaction too. nobody is gonna crash into you becuase your taillights are clear with red bulbs. honestly my clear ones do a much better job of a tail light then my stocks. with their tiny triangle of light i'm actualy putting the clear ones back on for summer.

aside from that those look pretty cool. i'm still totaly confused as to how they have been cleared :?:

aside from that those look pretty cool. i'm still totaly confused as to how they have been cleared..........................

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>ME TOO</span> :?

What? tryin bring me out of the shadows! lol. Well its just like clearing the corners for the headlights. just simply start at one end (if your using a heat gun or blow dryer) heat it up for a little then start poping it out onch u get a good pice off just take some pliers od screw driver n brake off the rest and use the heat gun/ blow dryer to clean the remaning pices off the edges
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>What? tryin bring me out of the shadows! lol. Well its just like clearing the corners for the headlights. just simply start at one end (if your using a heat gun or blow dryer) heat it up for a little then start poping it out onch u get a good pice off just take some pliers od screw driver n brake off the rest and use the heat gun/ blow dryer to clean the remaning pices off the edges</div>

Thanks, im not planning on clearing them (well not yet). just wanted to get ready for my project. I dont want to get to in detail don't want anybody beating me to it.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

bleek0323
    eh, i dunno. Its kinda ugly.

Dark Anghell
    So basically most taillights have clear plastic for outside layer, and right afte it they have a layer of red or amber?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Anghell
    So basically most taillights have clear plastic for outside layer, and right afte it they have a layer of red or amber?
    Correct, on the 7g. I don't know about any other years or makes, but that is how the 7g galant tails are made.

I think that the clear plastic lens acts as a diffuser to make the light spread out evenly accross the entire red lens. If that wasn't in there than you would see an intense light beaming through the red lens right where the bulbs are, but the other areas would be somewhat dark. I'm assuming here, I could be wrong.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have a nice set of 94-96 tail lithgts for sale if anybody wants to try this on a set and not ruin their original.
    7g for life!

LOL, i got 3 sets and one im working on right now.

i got 1 full 94-96 set cleared if anyone what it (cheap to!)
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

How cheap? PM me

fastmgalant97
    would this work with a 97?

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i am curious to know who has the clear tails on a 7g still....anyone??

i know me and bigbluetotoro are sporting them on the 8g...and the good thing is...he is in ny...i am in cali...so either way...he is the only one there, and i am the only one here with them...well, to my knowledge

Experienced TGC Member
    I like it.. But thats too much clear.. Im thinking of a way to design something... Maybe cut out a design in the red reflector part that way the clear will shine through........

yeah i like that idea. like circle cut outs or sumthin? thatd be sweet. i'm working on the rear center light bar. custom making led 3rd brake light. saw it somewhere on here. i know it's already been done, but i'll have pics. im gonna do it all precise and stuff

here it is

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39097

but i'm not going as wide. maybe about the width of his license plate

I think i might try this on mine, only clear the center trunk section though. not the whole thing
    i think that would look cool.
    and i have a spare

I think it looks pretty good! I wanted this YEARS ago...but now I'm like...eh. Nice none the less. But truthfully, I think that would look much better on the lighter colored cars. Silver or white definatly...maybe that sand color. Anything else it just kinda looks weird to me

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123