The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radiator overflow tank,or coolant recovery?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Radiator overflow tank,or coolant recovery?

I just discovered mine has a hole in it.Wheres the best place to get a good replacement for reasonable cost?
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

are you sure that it is leaking?? you sure its just not getting overfilled?? just a thought.

i have my stock one. don't really need it. i'd sell it to you for cheap buy shipping to the other side of hte country might give you second thoughts.

with that said, you might want to try the dealer or even the junk yard if you know any. replacement of the tank is pretty easy. disconnect the line that goes from the radiator to the tank and then just pull up on the tank to remove. after that, just drop back in the new tank, connect the line and refill.

they do sell unversal aftermarket ones. i got mine from another member here. its made by weapon-r. it does the job.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>are you sure that it is leaking?? you sure its just not getting overfilled?? just a thought.

i have my stock one. don't really need it. i'd sell it to you for cheap buy shipping to the other side of hte country might give you second thoughts.

with that said, you might want to try the dealer or even the junk yard if you know any. replacement of the tank is pretty easy. disconnect the line that goes from the radiator to the tank and then just pull up on the tank to remove. after that, just drop back in the new tank, connect the line and refill.

they do sell unversal aftermarket ones. i got mine from another member here. its made by weapon-r. it does the job. Â*

</div>To be honest,I didnt notice it myself...I was at the dealer today getting 3 factory recalls taken care of the previous owners didnt,and they told me about it.I think I'll take a look anyway myself.But if I dont find anything reasonable locally,I would appreciate your offer,depending on how much the shipping is.I think I may call around to some "automotive recyclers"(junk yards) to see how many Mitsu places we got.I dont even know what a new one costs.....
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

TGC Regular
    According to this website, they cost about $25.32 from the dealer, but then they also sell them on the same site for $19.75 plus shipping. Looks like you'd probably be better off getting one from the dealer if the price is the same. But here's the site:http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
    The link will take you the the main page. Just go under the Mechanical parts section and enter your year and model. Then look under the "Cooling system", there you should see reservoir listed. Hope that helps out a bit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'>According to this website, Â*they cost about $25.32 from the dealer, but then they also sell them on the same site for $19.75 plus shipping. Â*Looks like you'd probably be better off getting one from the dealer if the price is the same. Â*But here's the site:http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
    The link will take you the the main page. Â*Just go under the Mechanical parts section and enter your year and model. Â*Then look under the "Cooling system", there you should see reservoir listed. Â*Hope that helps out a bit.</div>Thats strange,cuz I went to several sites with similar page "layouts" & listings,and everytime I clicked on "cooling system" I never saw a reservoir.Thanks for the info,I did call the dealer after all,and ordered one.I think the price was around $27,too.Its coming with my replacement washer nozzles now......