The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Injectors????

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    maximus

Injectors????

I know there are a few members on here with turboed galants and I wanted to know which injectors you prefer.I was thinking of buying the dsm 450's and run the resistor box but my main fear is that they will be used and I am not sure they will work properly.Should I just shell out the xtra cash and buy new injectors like 440 high impedance?Let me know what you think,I will be running a IHI VF39 turbo out of a 2004 sti @ 11.6 lbs of boost.There are no shops around here that clean and flow test injectors.Thanks guys for all your help with my new turbo set-up

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    i'd get 550cc's not 450cc's check DSMtrader.com get denso injectors
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

maximus
    Can you control the 550's with an apexi safc II I heard that the controller can only handle upto the 450's.I heard that I would have issue's at idle because it wouldn't be able to cut the fuel back enough.Thanks for answering my post.I will look into it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    SAFC2 can handle 550s easily. Stock 1g/2g run 450cc. Those guys run up to 650cc injectors with the SAFC.
    7g for life!

thats cuz they make power and when you make that much power you need the fuel our injectors are 275cc right? 450cc is a big jump and 550 or 650 is crazy i have 450's and even with the settings for high and low at -40 (-50max) it still runs crazy rich
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Well obviously, they put big injectors because they have the need for more fuel. Yes 450cc is a big jump from stock, but not when your throwing a turbo into the mix. I have no clue how that turbo you are using flows but I assum 450-550cc injectors will do you just fine for that turbo.
    7g for life!

it does fine but i just saying its a little tricky to tune cuz they are so much bigger and the ecu trys to adjust timing if hes worried about buying used injectors then i was just saying he should go with something like RC's and go with a smaller cc
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I agree. But it can be done I wouldnt go trying to tune some 780cc injectors with only an SAFC2. If I were you, I would just pick up some used 1g/2g 450cc injectors and a resistor pack for $75 at most
    7g for life!

maximus
    The 04 sti injectors are 565cc.The factory boost setting is between 14.5 to 15 lbs of boost.I would really like to buy some new rc injectors instead of the dsm 450's with a resister pack.I am worried about buying bad injectors or worse a bad resister box and frying my ecu.I think the best way to go would be buy some new rc injectors.Where I plan on running 11.6 lbs of boost maybe I should buy some rc 440 or should I go with the rc 550?I plan on having this tuned on the dyno with the apexi safcII.The only other thing I can think of is running a vortec fmu 12:1 for the fuel pressure regulator.Do you think with the combination of the two that it would run alright at low rpms or idle?This is my daily driver and It needs to run properly.I would occasionally take it to the track just to see what kind of times I could put down in the 1/4 mile.

ken inn
    you guys need to do some homework. first off, running the afc at -40 is crazy. what happens is the ecu thinks there is only a small amount of air, so it gives max timing. this will lead to knock. too much timing, knock. one of the common problems with running big injectors.
    even buying brand new injectors does not guarantee you they are matched, or even flowing correctly. before you put in any injector, you should get them cleaned and flowed. cruzinperformance is a really good place to get them done, and they are very reasonable. why take the chance of blowing your motor? i get EVERY set of injectors cleaned and flowed before i put them in. EVERY set i have ever had cleaned and flowed improved 20% or better. think about it, 450's -20%=380's. it CAN make a big difference. especially since all cylinders do NOT burn the same. on my motor, cyl 1 and 2 run leaner than 3 and 4, 2 runs the leanest.
    another consideration is dead time. bigger injectors have longer dead times. different brands have different dead times. the ecu is programmed for a certain dead time. only a standalone can compensate for different dead time. it DOES make a difference.
    another is fuel pressure. if you stab big ass injectors, the fuel pump might just not be able to supply them. if you put in a big ass fuel pump, then you need to regulate it properly, otherwise, you get overrun of the fuel pressure regulator, especially at idle and low speeds. then the car runs pig rich, or dont run at all. over rich fuel can also cause knock. do you even know what your stock fuel pressure is?
    while most people like to get the cheapest parts for their cars, dont skimp on injectors. and dont believe the masses who tell you "only got a couple thousand miles on them". spend the time and money and get them cleaned and flowed. even the ones in your car right now will benefit from a good PROFESSIONAL cleaning.

maximus
    Alright,I have found a set of brand new lucas 550cc injectors which I plan on buying soon.There are no company's up here that flow test and clean injectors so new is the way to go for me.I will still need to run the resistor box for these injectors.I am running a walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump right now.I was planning on running the apexi safcII for the fuel injectors but was also thinking the vortec fmu for fuel pressure too.I am not sure what the fuel pressure is right now that is why I was thinking the vortec would be better than a fuel pressure regulator because it is rising rate and it is 12:1 ratio.I am considering the greddy e-manage but I am worried about getting it tuned properly.I also don't have a laptop to monitor the changes needed between seasons.

ken inn
    brand new dont mean squat. and, to each his own, but i dont care for lucas, either. bmw used lucas, then they quietly replaced every one when the cars came in for service, most of the time, the owners never even knew. about the same time, an sib came out warning about hydrolock. we had 2 sets of lucas injectors cleaned and flowed, each time, 1 or 2 of the injectors could shoot fuel clear across the room. 6 tiny streams, the guy cleaning them called the injectors a fire hose. oh, and this was at idle fuel pressure. can you say, NO ATOMIZATION? oh, and brand new injectors dont mean they will act like brand new. www.cruzinperformance.com is a good place to get your injectors cleaned and flowed. i think the evo 8 injector is one to look for if you are going 550/560. they can be had for a good price, cause lots of the evo 8 guys are going bigger. i paid 320/set for brand new delphi's from fic, and they were WAY off. denso is a way better injector. you want cheap, get lucas or delphi. spend 5k on your motor, and put the cheap crap in. like riding motorcycles. you got a 25$ head, get a 25$ helmet. fyi, so far, i have had more than 10 sets of injectors cleaned and flowed. 2 were lucas, 1 was delphi. the rest were either stock(i think nippon injector) or denso. one was a set from an old rx7 that looked like they had been to iraq. but they cleaned up and flowed like new. guess which ones didnt flow for crap? hint-i rejected 3 sets.

maximus
    Wow thanks for the info.I have decided to try and get the rc 550 injectors and I will have to send them back out once I recieve them,to get them cleaned and flow tested before I put them in my car.I have also decided to go with the greddy e-manage to controll them.This set-up is going to cost me some money but it will be well worth it in the long run.

maximus
    does anybody know if the evo8 injectors are high or low impedance?do you need the resistor box?I will send out my injectors to get them flow tested and cleaned once they come in.Has anybody taken the plastic piece out of the fuel rail to get more flow?Let me know thanks