The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just got an '05

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Just got an '05

Hey. I just bought my first Mitsubishi cars ever, I used to drive Toyotas and Hondas only (my dad told me, those are very good and long lasts). It's an 05 GTS. I really like the car, has 3.8L and V6, more power than my mom's Avalon, good acceleration, and the fancy Sportronics (even though I'm going to use it anyway). Do you guys know if this car is a Front Wheeldrive or Rear Wheeldrive? and what grade of Gasoline do you guys usually use to fill up this car?

2fat4ya
    It's front wheel drive. A burn-out would verify Your car needs premium unleaded gasoline based on Mitsubishi's website.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2fat4ya)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's front wheel drive. A burn-out would verify Â*Your car needs premium unleaded gasoline based on Mitsubishi's website.</div>

Premium means the Cheapest or the most expensive :shock: . So far I filled up mine with the cheapest one or 89 :?

2fat4ya
    Expensive :!: I think its 93 octane and above :!: Well Mitsubishi recommends Premium so if you use lower octane, you'll lose performance.

DUDE!!!! That's why my engine start making tickling or weird noises usually at the 3rd or 4th gear at low RPM (lower than 2-3, I have to speed up a little), dunno what will happen if I keep fill em with regular. Do you guys think I can mix regular with premium, coz I still have some gallons (reads about 3/4) of regular there and plan to fill up today or later tomorrow? and do you think my engine will broke faster if I keep using regular? My car is V6 3.8L and technically has 240HP...

I have used both low and high octane in my 01 v6. With premium it feels more willing to rev. The owners manual states that you can use regular with a reduction in performance. It shouldn't hurt anything though. What does your owners manual say? Eclipse guys with the same engine as mine say that have problems with regular.

2fat4ya
    From what I understand, continues use of regular unleaded in your car would do little or some damage or wear inside your engine. Premium fuel will burn at a higher temp than regular does. You need your spark plugs to ignite the mixture when it is time to fire. Regular grade on your car will burn before the spark plug has a chance to ignite the mixture.

In short, use the recomended grade of fuel that the manufacturer suggested.

Try to finish all of the regular fuel and then replace it with premium next time you gas up.