The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WET OR DRY?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    GalantGuy96

WET OR DRY?

i pulled the nitrous (NOS) out of my cousins car today, and he had always told me it was a wet kit.
    so i took it out, and i think its dry....because i didnt even touch any fuel lines or anything.......but there was this "mystery tube" that i couldnt figure out.
    btw, he also had a purge kit.
    pics:

whats that black tube coming out of that blue thing?

the brassish looking thing on the left is the purge kit i believe, but what is theblack tube, and is it wet or dry?
    oh ya, i also forgot to say that i have the bottle too....its a 10lb.....
    the gauge is broken on the bottle, can i just buy a replacement gauge for that part?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i can't really tell much from the pics, but i think it's a dry kit. i only see one line running to the nozzle, and unless there's a Y splitter somewhere i can't see, then there's only fuel or nitrous going through. it's wierd though, there's two delivery solenoids and one purge solenoid. but like i said, i can't tell much from the pics.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

GalantGuy96
    bump

It's a dry kit...I'd agree with peano.

GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's a dry kit...I'd agree with peano.</div>
    what?! you AGREE with peano? thats gotta be a first...

so anyone know why it has 2 selonoids?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's a dry kit...I'd agree with peano.</div>
    what?! you AGREE with peano? thats gotta be a first...

so anyone know why it has 2 selonoids?</div>

that's why i'm so unsure, the 2 solenoids throws me off.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

like i told ya...it's dry...and the extra stuff goes in your butt
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>like i told ya...it's dry...and the extra stuff goes in your butt</div>
    hahaha.......dude......
    so no one knows wtf that black tube is for???????
    does anyone know what that blue selonoid thing is?

GalantGuy96
    im gonna keep bumping until i get an answer...
    link it to your friends

b-boy_sky
    The "blue thing" looks like a type of filter. I've seen cars with nitrous filters on their nitrous lines to keep the selinoids clean from debris and they look similar to that one. But I can't say for sure....

http://www.holley.com/TechDocs/Instruction.../A5154-SNOS.pdf

The big blue thing is a NPR (Nitrous Pressure Regulator). It splits off a small amount of nitrous pressure and forces it through a jet (hidden between the blue thing and the black hose). The black hose should have been connected to the car's FPR. The extra pressure during spray will increase the fuel pressure in the fuel rail, and add extra fuel.

The two solenoids are:
    1st Solenoid is to hold back pressure from the bottle and hose. Once this solenoid is activated, it pressurizes the NPR (and consequently the FPR and fuel rail) and then pressure reaches the second solenoid.
    2nd Solenoid is to isolate the NPR when not under spray. Once active, this solenoid releases pressure down the hose to the sprayer nozzle, to inject Nitrous Oxide into the manifold.

-Brian

You could build a wet kit out of it, or just start over and get a brand new solenoid cluster. (About $200 plus jets, a fuel tap, and an extra 4AN->4AN hose to run from tap to solenoid.)

Try www.dynotune.org and check out their Barebones EFI kit. Has "almost" everything you need, but make sure you know what you are doing before you bolt it to the car. It is NOT ready to go on the car out of the box. (If you install it without jets it'll just blow your engine).

-Brian