The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Freakin' heavy steering wheel

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Freakin' heavy steering wheel

I Got a 9G GTS and I think the steering wheel is damn heavy (and small) especially when I park the car, I hate it when I'm really tired. Now I have to use both hands to hold the steering when I'm changing lanes or make a turn which I usually use 2 of my fingers when I'm driving my mom's avalon (the best car I've ever driven, y'all should try this one, this is a lot better than the Europeans and less cost of course). I think because 9G is a lot fatter (in size, dunno about weight) than the other G's, I rented an 8G and it's just fine for me, but 9G has better handling I think. Is there any way to make the steering a little lighter??? :cry:

TGC Regular
    this probably isnt the problem, but the first thing that came to my mind was power steering. but i think u would know if your power steering wasnt working. but i know what you mean, on my moms G35, the steering wheel is alot stiffer and harder to move. im thinking maybe they do that so its easier to handle at higher speeds...?

Yeh, that's logically true, I feel safer when I drive on freeway especially now we got a lot of rains here (I like rain, especially when I'm driving). My mom's avalon is very light, good for lazy person like me . The bad thing is when I drive on freeway, the steering is too sensitive, not like this G. Maybe your mom's G35 is about as heavy as my 9G. I like G35's exhaust. They named G35 in Japan as Nissan Skyline (ain't that tight)...

Anyway, Does 9G have any recalls yet?????

2fat4ya
    My steering is somewhat heavy but not as heavy as my friends Accord. As for recalls, I had a computer chip replaced that was causing battery drainage over undriven times.

XxDustin82xX
    I havent had any problems with steering

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2fat4ya)</div><div class='quotemain'>My steering is somewhat heavy but not as heavy as my friends Accord. As for recalls, I had a computer chip replaced that was causing battery drainage over undriven times.</div>

Glad I bought this car.

Take off your power steering belt, now complain...enjoy what you have - if you had it tweaky you'd flip your car off the highway at high speed because a big car, with twitchy steering equals over steer which equals inexperienced drivers flipping cars or wrecking them...it feels perfect imho.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

cape97
    I second tech's opinion