The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weapon R Secret Intake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    Walrus2004
    WOAH, sorry guys, i didnt think that me asking a couple of questions about an intake was going to turn into a forum that makes fun of it, if what you are going to say about my intake doesn't benefit my knowledge of them, THEN DON'T SAY IT!

-It got put on my car today, and seems to be working fine. Thanks to those that gave me serious and helpful responses.

TGC Regular
    so walrus, do you have an 8G or 9G?

Walrus2004
    I have an 8G, Black 2000 GTZ

He has a black 2000 GTZ. Like the intake so far?

Walrus2004
    actually ya i do, the only problem was that the pipe rubbed against the battery anchor post, but we just put some wire insulator and electric tape around that, i will have pics of it on my cardomain page by monday.

Holy crap thats was a fast reply. My tube is closer to the tb than normal, thats why mine doesnt rub and fits nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus2004
    actually ya i do, the only problem was that the pipe rubbed against the battery anchor post, but we just put some wire insulator and electric tape around that, i will have pics of it on my cardomain page by monday.
    you better have pics by monday 8)
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

GalantGuy96
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrus2004
    hmmmm....thats interesting....i recall us saying how it WILL scrap against your battery post......whatever, get it dyno'ed then we can talk.

Walrus2004
    the pics are on and my cardomain page is updated if you want to see the intake, the pictures are on page 4.

TGC Regular
    Good deal on the pix. Looks like the car is starting to come together. Have you recieved the cold air box yet? Let us know when you have it installed so I can see where it mounts to the engine bay.

rims look good, get some pics of them on.

Walrus2004
    The website i bought the cold air box from, for some reason, just refunded the money back into my paypal account. so for right now, i wont be getting it. I still might get it in the future, i will let you know if i do.

-just ordered my enkei rims, kumho tires, tein springs, KYB struts/shocks, and rear camber kit. so look at my webpage in late march and you will see a whole new car!

Wowm thats a lot of money for all that. I get paid tommorrwo and I have my car back, so you know I'm getting something for it :twisted:

Walrus2004
    ya, i got pretty good deals on most of that stuff. I'm not one of those people that spend more a month on parts than the actual car payment, I paid my car off before i did anything to it, so i have no car payment and was able to take out a 2.5K loan for all that shit. it will be worth every cent!

Nice pics... cute Girl Friend :shock:
    Holla ATCHA BOI!!!!!

Censee
    what speedchip are u talking about in ure page??

I just put on the Weapon R Dragon,& Freedom Designs strut brace.The only thing that could be a problem with the intake,is that it is VERY close to the battery,so I may change my hold-downs somehow.The directions werent very clear in some spots,such as the "clamp" that tucks under the filter hose clamp? I'm thinking I'll at least get better fuel economy,not sucking air thru a paper element stuck in a box.I havent driven it much since,but I have noticed a sound improvement.I looking for a muffler next,probly a Magnaflow,to put on my stock exhaust for now.
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

Did you notice a difference with the strut bar?

Well,I really havent put it to much of a test,& I didnt have the car long before I put it on,but I do think it tightened it up a bit.The car went in the shop rite after I put it on,& I wasnt able to pick it up until a couple days ago due to working 12 hrs a day.But I figured since the price was so low,the looks,and the potential for any improvement,I couldnt go wrong.Check out www.ptuning.com,they are having a clearance on them,& theyre much cheaper than Freedom Designs own site
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12