The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bad car day again VENT UPDATE: Need info on 1 fuse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 47 of 47
    Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    what happenned??

on the non premium galants there is only 1 radio fuse. thats the one under the hood. on the premium there is a second fuse thats in the dash fuse box for the amp.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

hows the fuse in the h/u? I know most h/u have a 10a fuse in the back of it that could be blow.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    fuse in the H/U is good, its a lightning audio fuse on the remote wire and theres one on the yellow wire thats also still good for the ignition box i think it is. So any other suggestions why I wouldnt be getting audio if i already changed my fuse under the hood? is it the player possibly?

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    did u check the wiring?? or the speakers could be blown...or is all the speakers hooked up to the amp? and if so, you could've blown the amp.

Ok lets see. You had a shot which blew a fuse n ur h/u didnt work. You changed all fuses and now theyre all good, but your h/u still isnt turning on

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    i had to change the fuse on the HU as soon as i got it, its a much bigger one now</div>

by this you mean the stok (lets say 10a) fuse was blown and you replaced it with a much bigger one meaning??......you switch the fuse amparage? lets say you went form a 10a to a 30a......so basic electronics say if the circuit was made to brake at 10a to stop damage to the main unit then rasing the point of braking to 30a would mean if there was a 15a jolt then it got through and the circuit was only meant for 10a and with a 15a jolt that could do some damage but since you put a 30a fuse in there nothing happened to the fuse just the h/u......now thats if you went from a (lets just say) 10a to 30a fuse
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    sounds like I did that then. Sucks. I'm thinkin it is the headunit because the unit plays cds and radio but no audio comes out and the blue buttons on it no longer illuminate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123