The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BAER big brake kit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'>so, if we got the Gs with calipers upfront and in the back.........we cant use the same kit on both front and rear?????</div>

no, the calipers on the back are much smaller - the only rear bbk as far as I know is the powerslot one. Besides, the front does a good majority of the braking, and anything bigger on the back would be a waste.

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know we share the same suspension from the 2G Eclipse. Â*Those might work...</div>

arent they 4 lug?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'>another question..........stock calipers are single or two piston calipers?

if they're single, is there any modifying involved if the big brake kit comes with 2 piston calipers?</div>

Sone of the older Galants had 2 piston calipers stock, but otherwise its one piston.

The Baer BBK I believe is 2 piston, and should be direct bolt on.</div>

so there's nothing special to do when going from a 1 to 2 piston calipers right

guys know if any of the 2g or 3g set ups bolt on 8gs?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know we share the same suspension from the 2G Eclipse. Â*Those might work...</div>

arent they 4 lug?</div>

all the eclipses were 5 lug. the 7g galants were the 4 lug

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'>another question..........stock calipers are single or two piston calipers?

if they're single, is there any modifying involved if the big brake kit comes with 2 piston calipers?</div>

Sone of the older Galants had 2 piston calipers stock, but otherwise its one piston.

The Baer BBK I believe is 2 piston, and should be direct bolt on.</div>

so there's nothing special to do when going from a 1 to 2 piston calipers right</div>

nothing special if you are using the 8g galant/3g eclipse 2 piston caliper. but if you are using an aftermarket kit there might be. check with the manufacturer to see.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know we share the same suspension from the 2G Eclipse. Â*Those might work...</div>

arent they 4 lug?</div>

Sorry I meant to say rear suspension and there a 5 lug pattern. Of course I am only basing this on the fact that the 2G KYB Shock for the rear fits the 8G.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

most of the rear brake parts we share with the 2g eclipse. i mean at least for the rear disc setup

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

DE-StratRT

lugs

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 4 lug, -5 lug bit is based on the engine installed. V6's seem to have the 5 lug, I4's the 4 lug. Can anybody verify my thoughts here.

There all 5 lug based on my Staggering Guide.

Re: lugs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DE-StratRT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 4 lug, -5 lug bit is based on the engine installed. Â*V6's seem to have the 5 lug, I4's the 4 lug. Â*Can anybody verify my thoughts here.</div>

Not true... I have a I4 with a 5 lug pattern. Rear disc brakes tend to be either turbo or V6 rides. Of course there are some I4's out there with the upgraded rear disc brakes.

Bottom line is if anyone is willing to use the rear brake conversion for a AWD GSX. I don't have a listing so I don't even know if there is even such a thing.

Censee
    are these baer calipers 2 piston calipers?

DE-StratRT
    The ones I bought are

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DE-StratRT)</div><div class='quotemain'>The ones I bought are</div>

whats the stock calipers on your car??

DE-StratRT
    Single caliper. it's a 2004 Stratus R/T Coupe with the V-6. Pretty much the same parts as an 00-04 Eclipse. You can look at pics of the baer kit on my web page (link is in my sig, look in the How To section).

Re: lugs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DE-StratRT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 4 lug, -5 lug bit is based on the engine installed. Â*V6's seem to have the 5 lug, I4's the 4 lug. Â*Can anybody verify my thoughts here.</div>

Not true... I have a I4 with a 5 lug pattern. Rear disc brakes tend to be either turbo or V6 rides. Of course there are some I4's out there with the upgraded rear disc brakes.

Bottom line is if anyone is willing to use the rear brake conversion for a AWD GSX. I don't have a listing so I don't even know if there is even such a thing.</div>Couldnt you just take the rear discs off the V6 Galant & use them on the I4?
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12