The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Wrap

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Galant01

Intake Wrap

Does anyone make intake wrap? I have an I4 and my Injen CAI sits right next to the block and Valve cover, is there anything out there that I can wrap the intake pipe in?

If you feel it's absolutely necessary, you can use the same wrap that is used for headers. I'm not sure of the name or the material but I'm sure you get the idea. I think it's also used for turbos.

DEI Thermal Wrap, Chech this out
    Click Me Click Me
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    DEI Thermal Wrap, Chech this out
    Click Me Click Me
    Good call Rich and CJ. I just got my kit from Summit. I'll probably apply it to the headers this weekend if I have time. Note, once you spray the wrap with the silicone compund and cure it, I'm not sure it will be so easy to remove. So make sure you absolutely want to wrap your intake before you do it.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

another option u might wanna consider is high temp engine paint. i mean if you like the way ur intake looks, you can just paint the inside of the pipe and still retain the good looks while having some insulation qualities from the ceramic in the paint.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    another option u might wanna consider is high temp engine paint. i mean if you like the way ur intake looks, you can just paint the inside of the pipe and still retain the good looks while having some insulation qualities from the ceramic in the paint.
    DO NOT paint the inside of your intake. We removed Mante's intake at the last meet, and his throttle body was covered with fine red dust from the paint. That means x amount of paint already got sucked into his engine. Not good. I do not recommend this option under any circumstances.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    DO NOT paint the inside of your intake. We removed Mante's intake at the last meet, and his throttle body was covered with fine red dust from the paint. That means x amount of paint already got sucked into his engine. Not good. I do not recommend this option under any circumstances.

Chip
    thats right...i remember there was something wrong when i was typing that up....stupid accident.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

why is it that your wrapping the intake? If it's for the track you may want to ask Chip about just "Icing your intake" before you run. It will........Well it keeps your intake pulling cold air when done correctly. And it keeps that nice polished intake shinning.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"