The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vibrating in Reverse

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    delo

Vibrating in Reverse

my ride vibrates alot when i put in reverse. i know there should be some vibration but damn not that much. what could be the problem?

Kain
    Check the level/color of your fluid. (you do know how to properly check that right?). Low/burnt fluid is usually the cause of over 90% of transmission failures.

its probably a normal amount.

delo
    vibrating a normal amount. i dont think so. i mean really vibrating. or do galants just vibrate alot or something. going to check my transmission fluid over the weekend. too cold and too dark to be checking fluids after i get home from work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(delo)</div><div class='quotemain'>vibrating a normal amount. i dont think so. i mean really vibrating. or do galants just vibrate alot or something. going to check my transmission fluid over the weekend. too cold and too dark to be checking fluids after i get home from work.</div>
    ALL 4 cylinders vibrate.

some more than others.

so yes, a certain amount of vibration is to be considered "normal".
    if its awful, there certainly may be something wrong (loose motor mounts, trans issues, idling incorrectly, misfiring, etc.etc)

dre24k
    its the transmission mount right behind the radiator. check for cracks in the rubber. its bout $100 at the dealership I think. that happened to my car a while back...its round with a big screw with rubber surrounding it, the rubber is probably worn or torn apart check it out.

Hmmmm. I also have a 4 banger but my car doesn't vibrate in any circumstances.....Not even in reverse........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob