The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turboing my G

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

turboing my G

i know ive posted about this before, but i just wanna get your input. Ive said i wanted to get the 60-1 turbo put in my ride. After some saying it was too big and turbo lag, that is a good thing!!! since the G is FWD im better off having some kind of lag until i hit high RPMs where my ride will have grip and not burn rubber... im planning on looking at 60-1 turbos this weekend with big beefy FMIC and all the compononets... (wastegate, turbo timer, bov, walbro fuel management... let me know what you guys think :twisted:
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Uh cool? 60 trim on a v6 is not that big. i4 guys run them and seel spoolup by 3500-4000RPM. Seeing how the v6 has more displacement it shouldnt be that bad at all. A 60 trim is not too big for a 3.0L v6...
    7g for life!

well, a lot of members here contradicted me sying it was too big good to see you dont think it is!!!! hopefully by this summer itll be all put together HOPEFULLY...
    Diego

Mindless
    I think the first thing to do is:

1. Consider how much boost you want to run.
    2. Determine your hp goals.
    3. Determine how much money you want to spend.
    4. Figure out how you're going to get around while your g is sitting.

you should also consider how the tranny will take the biuldup and also, the internals, it will be fine if you run like 5 lbs of boost, but if you want to make some good #s you need to get some internals too...

ive already looked into that.. ima probably boost like 7-8 daily driven... internals will be done in the long run... manual tranny will be used for this.... ill have a stronger clutch and such... the method of transportation.. my dads car... take him to his work.. i use his car, and i pick him up :twisted:
    Diego

Censee

Re: turboing my G

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know ive posted about this before, but i just wanna get your input. Â*Ive said i wanted to get the 60-1 turbo put in my ride. Â*After some saying it was too big and turbo lag, that is a good thing!!! Â*since the G is FWD im better off having some kind of lag until i hit high RPMs where my ride will have grip and not burn rubber... Â*im planning on looking at 60-1 turbos this weekend with big beefy FMIC and all the compononets... (wastegate, turbo timer, bov, walbro fuel management... Â*let me know what you guys think Â*:twisted:</div>

im sure u meant walbro fuel pump,,, not fuel management

thanks pedro :oops: thats what i meant :oops:
    Diego

can't wait to see it.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Experienced TGC Member
    Correct me if Im wrong when I say that turbo lag shouldnt matter off the line. Considering the fact that you just rev to whatever RPM, you'll be doing a nice fat burnout, regardless if the turbo doesnt spool till 5k (that is, if you rev to 5k before launching you'll still be at full boost).

you can't rev to 5000 and get boost. if you are not pulling the car.
    basically because the throttle plate will not be open enough to spool the turbo, and when the engine is not under load, there will not be enough exhaust pressure to spool the turbo, the best you'll get is a neutral pressure(meaning zero psi, and zero inch/hg of vac)
    if you have a lauch control rev limiter, like on a cranecams electronic ignition conrtol module, then you can boost because you'll be at w.o.t before you pull off the clutch. Or you could get a www.tmo.com chip with adjustable lauch control. I went with dsmchips.com for my launch control and it works well. I have my clutch switch wired into the ecu so that i can do a no lift shift, where my turbo will stayed spooled between shifts and i don't have to take my foot off the gas.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo