The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock shocks vs kyb or tokico?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 55
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've heard good things about the parada, they come stock on the evo's but i think they would be overkill for the kind of horsepower you are going to be making. Â*on your 17's if they are 7 inches wide, you'll want 215/45/17 Â*tires.</div>

evo's come stock w/ AVS not parada

hey DOHCSTUNR .. what kind do u have?.. some one recommended me 225/45/17

i have yokahama avid h4s . if you have 8 inch wide rims you could go with the 225's. you 'can' put them on a seven inch rims, but depending on the tire, and the wheel; the sidewalls might not be fush with the lip of the rim. of course the 225's have a larger contact patch, but the 215's will cost less. you'll probably havee to do some soul searching to make that descision.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i ride on the stock GS alloys, they are only 15's but the tire i chose helps out a great deal. I really need a bigger rim. I'm waiting for the best deal on the set i want, and the money to get them

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

so what the 225's are more wider than 215 or what?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>there is a formula for keeping the right series on your tire for upgraded rims. Â*hold on let me check.</div>

here's the formula =

[2 x (width/25.4 x series/100)] + wheel diameter

that will give you total tire diameter.

you can use this formula if you know the stock tire size to determine the tire's diameter. once you know that, you want to plug in new tire sizes to determine what tire size comes as close as possible to the stock tire diameter.

in order to keep the stock diameter of the 8G of 25.0" (195/65r15 i4 and 205/55r16 v6) when plus sizing to 17, the correct tire size is 225/45r17 which is also 25.0" (PERFECT MATCH = no affect on speedo). 215/45r17 has a diameter of 24.6" which will make the speedo 1.4% fast.

or if you're lazy use this:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>so what the 225's are more wider than 215 or what?</div>

dude that is exactly what 225 and 215 mean. 215 is 215mm wide and 225 is 225mm wide. 225 is bigger than 215 so 225 is wider that 215.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey DOHCSTUNR .. what kind do u have?.. some one recommended me 225/45/17</div>

since he drives a 7G, asking him what tire size he has will not help you since you drive an 8g. they have different size tires from the factory to begin w/.

neel9, I feel like you are beating a dead horse with a stick, because you keep asking the same things over and over when they have been answered. I understand that you might be worried about your car raising and whatnot, but there is nothing you can do about it. Your car won't raise back up to stock height, so saying it's pointless to have lowering springs if getting new tires will raise the car doesn't make any sense.

Here is the deal, get yourself some 225/45/17 Yokohama Parad Spec-2 tires. You won't be sorry.

As for the suspension, either get yourself some KYB AGX struts to go with the Progress springs, or get yourself some Tein coilovers, or possibly some Ground Control coilovers with KYB AGX struts. If your stock struts are bad, getting some new ones will result in your car raising up a tiny bit. If you are worried about how low your car is, get some coilovers and set the car to the height that you want. It's that simple.

see i want my car to stay the same height.. as right now or be lower.. i do not wanna raise it so. my tying to find the bst solution for my needs...coilovers are extra money so.. where is the best place to agx.. man damm i called a shop and they asked 400.. i was ike dammm

TGC Regular
    hey neel , if u get new shocks, it might raise it alil, but only because your old ones might have been bad, and then maybe after the new ones get settled in, it might get a lil lower.

have u ever thought about getting bags?

dude hell no.. see i want the car .. my aim is it get the car low with good handeling.. i luv my springs so i am going to get ew shocks.. but damm.. i already have a gap between the tire and fender.. so.. damm how much more gap ..u know.. damm.. so.. couple of friends of mine have coilovers. but i wanna avoid that route.. i need new tires as well as new shocks.. so.. i trying to find out which tire to get or shocks which will help me get the low as well as nice handleing.. i know cant get everything but hey.. when u spend u think about all that shit..

get em on ebay man.
    i get all my parts on ebay if i can. If i can't find a listing for what i need. i just find a seller that has a wholesale connection with the manufacturer i need (aem,konig,cranecams,fidanza,etc.) and email them to ask them if they can get me the part # i need, then they shoot me a price, and make me an auction and there you have it.
    if i bought all my gear on summit or through speed shops, i'd have to take out a second mortage to buy and intake.
    ask this guy if he has them, unless eclipse struts are the same:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7957648971&rd=1

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

if you want your ride lower but don't want to spend anymore money, trim your springs. just dont cut the side with the progressive coils. trim your bumpstops, and then start taking a lot of aderol so you can keep your eyes open for potholes.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

u dont think triming the spring is bad for the car?.. and i email this guys too yesterday but see he is located near me and would not allow to pick them upp.. i found some for like 320.. pick up. so...but how much do u think is installation as i do not do it..or dont know how

TGC Regular
    what about optical illusions to make it look lower like a body kit to reduce ground height, or like fender flares or widebody kit to decrease fender gap....?

hey DOHCSTUNR
    i called these fools and they are like 5 mins away from me and i asked for 2000+ eclipse strust and shocks. and they were lik 330 and they can install it but then i told them that its a galant and has the same suspension .. and they were like we do not know about that as they have had some returns so.. what the heck?? ... what u guys say?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7955984160&rd=1

i'd replace them myself. but thats just me. if you don't have a spring compressor(you can get one at autozone or pepboys) and the install is reasonable, have them put it in. Suspension work is not hard. just make sure you get an alignment.
    as for the shop. just throw some jive at them. tell them that they can cross refernce all the part numbers and they will find that the suspesion is the same, the frame is the same, and that everything is the same. Tell them that you are not a little bitch and you aren't going to come back whining so long as they do good work. struts are struts. brake jobs are brake jobs. Tell them that if they don't want to install them (struts)because they are aren't confident in their own work, then you will take your money to someone else.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i called another shoop and they said 300 installed for kyb agx.. than i askd them they are not adjustable.. so what.. ? aren't kyb agx adjustable? or they make 2 types of agx?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast