The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock shocks vs kyb or tokico?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    jive man. jive.
    make them know you are confident and know what you are talking about, its all in the delivery.
    Jive baby.
    it works on my girlfriend, hopefully it will work some greasemonkey.
    just tell him that the oem part # for the struts is the same on both vehicles.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

those are the gr2. and thats not a good price

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

so agx =adjustabel and gr2=not.. and for gr2 thats not a god price?.. are they any good..

gr-2 are good shocks, much better than oem, but they don't get as stiff as agx. and they don't get as soft as agx either

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

damm i guess i will do is that buy the shocks and shop around for installation... dude u have been of great help.. thankx man.. appretiate it.. i will me pm.ing u if i need help..

hey how much do u think is a decent deal for installation.. 100 bucks or?

i never paid for strut install you'd have to ask around, if you have a socket set you can do the install yourself. You could save a ton of money if you just take the whole spring/strut assembly to any old shop with a spring compressor and have them switch the struts out. if you have 4 jackstand do it all at once, if you only have two, do the front then the back. its really not hard.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

let me clarify that, remove your old assemblies then get a ride to the shop and have them swap the strut for you.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i would not know how to remove them so.. i am just going to buy them and shop around for installation

thats cool.
    just make sure to replace the strut mount bushings with new ones or polyurethane bushings. it makes a big difference. helps to elimate wheel hop, and most importantly helps the shock/strut react more effieciently to the road. they really don't cost anything so make sure you don't forget that.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well, where did you get your Progress springs installed? You should go back to them. Get the KYB AGX, then bring them in to a shop, but don't tell them they are for an Eclipse.

CLICK HERE! That is the cheapest I've ever seen the KYB AGX. $335 shipped.

so i ahve to buy new bushings right or they come with the agx???

they are the upper mount bushings and they do not come on the shocks. you can pick them up at any aftermarket parts store like napa, or go to the dealer. you don't have to do it but i would recomend it if you want your shocks to perform their best.
    before i repaced mine with energy suspension, i bought a set at pepboys, it was like $15. Like i said, no big deal. Just remember i have a 7th gen, so the prices might be different.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

kyb makes the rear mount bushings for the 8g. according to the kyb catalog they are the same as the 7g and some of the 6g galants rear mounts.

they odn't make any for the front. maybe other comapnies do but i haven't researched that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ok.. i will just dso it is that when i find some one to install them i will tell them to put new bushings on too. but if they do not have it i will get the .. where.. pep boys or? any brand recommendations?..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123