The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Seriously considering big brake kit...

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Seriously considering big brake kit...

I need to get rotors (I have another WTB thread). This is the thing, there are 2 GB on Club3G; 1 for stock sized rotors ($375 shipped), 1 for big brake size (a little over $600). I believe that they still use the same calipers. Why pay the extra $225 (they are both Powerslot, both with hawk pads). Please comment fast, I am on hold for the big brake kit as we speak...

the powerslot big brake upgrade is AEM's old kit w/ new rotor surfaces (2 piece rotor). WANDERINGPINOY has this kit. it has larger diameter rotors and relocation brackets for the stock calipers (to move them out to fit the new rotor diameter). i have the stock size rotors but wish that i had gotten the big brake upgrade since my brakes look tiny behind my wheels. btw, you need at least 17" wheels w/ plenty of backspacing to fit the big brake upgrade (i would actually recommend 18's to b safe as many 17's are even too small to fit).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>the powerslot big brake upgrade is AEM's old kit w/ new rotor surfaces (2 piece rotor). Â*WANDERINGPINOY has this kit. it has larger diameter rotors and relocation brackets for the stock calipers (to move them out to fit the new rotor diameter). Â*i have the stock size rotors but wish that i had gotten the big brake upgrade since my brakes look tiny behind my wheels. Â*btw, you need at least 17" wheels w/ plenty of backspacing to fit the big brake upgrade (i would actually recommend 18's to b safe as many 17's are even too small to fit).</div>

Yeah, I actually have 19's on my car now. My concern is whether it is "worth it" to pay double for a rotor that is 2" larger than stock...

Censee
    u might wanna consider the baer big brake kit...comes with a caliper as well as a bigger cros drilled and slotted rotor,,,the aem/powerslot big brake kit is only a bigger rotor with slots...