The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How often should I change the battery?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Experienced TGC Member

How often should I change the battery?

I got a feeling this battery is coming to its end. Every time I put the windows down/up the headlights + dash lights dim.

many local auto parts store can test your battery to see if its on its way out the door. if its still good they can recondition it for you. if not they'll try to sell u a new one.

at most auto parts stores here its like free. iv'e seen a few that charge a small fee of like 5 bucks.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if you do get a new one, get nothing less than a yellow or red top of course
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

which sizes fit our car can we use the 34/75 series?

i have a 99 and i just changed out the stock battery two summers ago. i've been on the same duralast for about two years. for me, those batteries last for about 3-5 years. i don't pay the extra money for the red top or anything like that, but then again, i'm not running a heavy sound system.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Experienced TGC Member
    I just noticed today that my head unit goes dim every time the higher bass freq hit.

just out of curiosity jet black are u running a stock head unit? cuz my radio dims when i hit the low frequency bass. but as for the up and down of the windows the battery doesn't dim.

If you go to start your car in the morning and it doesn't start and nothing electrical works, that's probably when you should replace your battery.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Djayfusion99_es_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'>just out of curiosity jet black are u running a stock head unit? cuz my radio dims when i hit the low frequency bass. Â*but as for the up and down of the windows the battery doesn't dim.</div>

No I have an Alpine head unit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero_4073)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you go to start your car in the morning and it doesn't start and nothing electrical works, that's probably when you should replace your battery.</div>

OR maybe all the wires have melted. Or maybe every fuse blew. Or maybe the battery works but its sitting next to the card.

My original battery lasted 4 years.

what yellowtop model number fits my 99 g? im about to upgrade this shitty stock battery
    thanks