The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: radio code

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

radio code

I just installed my CAI yesterday. after doing a search on here about the install, i read that people suggested disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU. I read that it will ask for the radio code after doing so. i have a red plastic card from the dealership that says ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM. it has a code #, a model #, and a serial #. is the 4 digit code# the one for the radio? what is the purpose for resetting the ECU? whats that do exactly?

Yes the 4 digt code is the one for the radio try not to screw that up from what I have heard if you screw up putting on the code to many times the radio locks up.

As far as the ECU question I dont know the answer to that

how do you enter the code?

turn on the radio. then it will say CODE

now to enter the code.

lets say your code was 5864

you press 1, 5 times
    you press 2, 8 times
    you press 3, 6 times
    and then you press 4, 4 times.

then you press the CD button and you'll hear a beep and the radio should come on.

for my resetting the ECU doesn't do anything but you know, it is good practice to disconnect the battery anyways many times when working under the hood of your car.

pretty much what it does though is clear the ecu's memory so that it recognizes the CAI and does'nt think its a problem

but yea, if u don't have an SES light coming on, don't worry about the ecu.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

thanks fellas.

so how do you enter a zero as the last digit if say your code was 3410?
    would do?
    1 - 3X
    2 - 4X
    3 - 1X
    4 -

Then press CD?

Thanks
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

ionic

Just in case you screw up

if for no reason your radio locks up, what i have been told and have done and works is.
    put the key on the ignition all the way( the step before starting the car).
    live that way for about 40 minutes. but don't open door don't even touch the car, or it won't work. just in case live the window open if you have door locked.
    the radio will reset, and can try again putting in the code.

the only thing i don't remeber is if you have to live the radio on, for that time. even if it says LOCK.
    To bad for me cause i have to buy a new radio cause i bought my car at a auction :cry: . and i don't have code. :x

luxcrusr2000

Re: Just in case you screw up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ionic)</div><div class='quotemain'> To bad for me cause i have to buy a new radio cause i bought my car at a auction :cry: . and i don't have code. :x</div>

Have you tried calling a Mitsu dealer to see if you can get the code? I was able to get my code over the phone when I had my 8G.

yea mitsu will give you the radio code. at the hardest you'll have to show them proof of ownership and they say the seriel number from the radio.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i read in a post that you need the vin# and serial# off the back of the stock radio. with those the dealership can give you the code.

ionic

Dealer

yeah i have visited the dealer and they charge around $56.00 for the code
    and it takes around 3 weeks for them to get it from the place.
    for that price i rather buy a new radio.
    besides i don't even know how the original radio sounds.

I don't live in the usa, so its different over here.