The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G (94-96 Specific) SAFC INSTALLATION w/ ECU DIAGRAM

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

7G (94-96 Specific) SAFC INSTALLATION w/ ECU DIAGRAM

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE SPECIFIC FOR A 95 GALANT AND A FIRST GENERATION SAFC.

I believe the 94-96 Galant have the same ecu and wiring, but the 97-98 would be different. Also, the SAFC II may get wired differently and may have different color wires.

These instructions are to be used at your own risk; I will not be held responsible for any problems or damages that result from following this tutorial.

I am leaving out the obvious steps. I am assuming that you know how to get to the ecu and that you can handle some simple wiring. If you don't know either of those things, please do not attempt to install the SAFC yourself.

Disconnect battery!!!

Wire connections:

POWER------------------------------red wire from SAFC======Pin 25; red wire at ecu

RPM SIGNAL-----------------------green wire from SAFC=====Pin 69; brown wire w/ green stripe at ecu

THROTTLE SIGNAL----------------gray wire from SAFC======Pin 64; green wire w/ white stripe at ecu

GROUND----------------------------brown wire from SAFC ====Pin 26; black wire at ecu

GROUND----------------------------black wire from SAFC =====Pin 26; black wire at ecu

The brown wire from the SAFC needs to be tapped closer to the ecu than the black wire from the SAFC!!!

AIR FLOW SIGNAL OUT-----------pink wire from SAFC======Pin 70; white wire w/ black stripe at ecu

AIR FLOW SIGNAL IN-------------orange wire from SAFC ====Pin 70; white wire w/ black stripe at ecu

The air flow signal wire (pin 70, white wire w/ black stripe) gets cut. The pink wire taps into that wire on the ecu side and the orange wire taps into that wire on the harness side!!!

ECU diagram

Make sure that you are looking at the diagram the correct side up; if looking at the ecu in the mounted position the push tabs are on the bottom. The plugs' push tabs are pictured on the top of the diagram so you would need to turn it upside down for proper orientation.

Reconnect battery

SET SAFC TO KARMEN TYPE SENSOR!!!

If I left out anything important or if any one has anything to add, feel free to post.

Hope this helps!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    this is awesome, will help my s-afc install this weekend, thanks
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    For those like myself that don't know much about safc
    http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/answers-SAFC.htm
    same thing from the other safc post.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well what do you know, same as my 98 :!:

Bigger ECU pinout diagram:
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    On my ecu pin 69 wasn't brown wire w/ green stripe. Pin 69 is the rpm though it was just another color. It was a yellow wire in my 1996 if that helps any.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    96 was an odd year. Its OBDII but still has OBDI connector I believe. 94/95 should have 3 ECU connectors and be OBDI. 97/98 have 4 ECU connectors and are OBDII. 96 Should be OBDII by law, and it should have 4 ECU connectors as well correct sleeper?

Which this tutorial shoudl be for the 94/95 only, the 96 is more like the 97/98. Not sure if the Pins are in teh same spots but the wire colors will be different.

1g/94-95:

2g/96-98:

(Those pinouts are for the 1g/2g. For the Galants, its the same connectors, just different numbers for the connectors for some reason)
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    96 was an odd year. Its OBDII but still has OBDI connector I believe. 94/95 should have 3 ECU connectors and be OBDI. 97/98 have 4 ECU connectors and are OBDII. 96 Should be OBDII by law, and it should have 4 ECU connectors as well correct sleeper?

Which this tutorial shoudl be for the 94/95 only, the 96 is more like the 97/98. Not sure if the Pins are in teh same spots but the wire colors will be different.

1g/94-95:

2g/96-98:

(Those pinouts are for the 1g/2g. For the Galants, its the same connectors, just different numbers for the connectors for some reason)
    My 96 that has a build date of 12/05 has the 4 ecu connectors and the pins are the same. Just the rpm signal wire was a different color. All others were the same color. It is also obdII because my 2g logger works just fine on it.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Datalogging

You may be also interested in datalogging of your cars with PC. This information is known to EVO, GTO and VR4 owners, but I have not found it here. It works for ALL Mitsubishi equipped with DLC (ODB-II) connector, even for hybrids (e. g. 93-95), communication uses MUT-II protocol.

More in http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic...=asc&start=100

It is possible to use also different cable; here in Europe I use USB cable originally for VAG-COM (VW group) from http://www.mtaplus.cz/.

Regarding flashing your ECUs check this forum http://forums.openecu.org , just make search before asking. Older cars are not flash able via cable, some have EPROM, which can be modified some do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post

1g/94-95:

2g/96-98:

This is the correct pinout for 94-95 7G

Last edited by mko; 11-27-2009 at 02:18 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

94 Galant SOHC/DOHC

EVO 1-3

Last edited by mko; 11-27-2009 at 02:21 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread