The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Next step for handling?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 66
    Quote Originally Posted by devgrp
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus99
    Wheres the best site to find the Tien SS-P? Or the KYB AGX's? I really dont want to slam it down too far,but somewhere between an inch to 1.5 in. would be good? Like I said,I am not familiar with these cars yet,& dont really know whats out there for them,or the best quality equipment.I just dont want to jump into it,get something,then find out I shoulda went another direction.I just lowered my 79 vette about 1.5 inches,put in composite springs front a rear,& a lower shock mount spreader bar,poly bushings, 245-45-17" Kumho's on American Racing TT2's,wood console trim,etc
    You can get the KYB AGX for 335 shiped from Jessica over at club3g. They have a group buy going on. I just ordered the Eibach Prokit and the KYB GR2 for $415 shipped. I should have them by this weekend.
    Are you saying GR-2's are the better choice,or you liked the price better? Whats the link or address to Club3g? club3g.com? The Eibach prokit springs? R they adjustable,& how much are they said to lower a Galant? Thanks for the help... 8)
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

i think teh prokit lower about 1.2 or something and teh sprotline lowers about 2.0.. .. i have progress and they lower 2.2 but still not low enough for me.. so.. and if ur aim is to fill in the gap u wnana lower more kind of..

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by devgrp
    Wheres the best site to find the Tien SS-P? Or the KYB AGX's? I really dont want to slam it down too far,but somewhere between an inch to 1.5 in. would be good? Like I said,I am not familiar with these cars yet,& dont really know whats out there for them,or the best quality equipment.I just dont want to jump into it,get something,then find out I shoulda went another direction.I just lowered my 79 vette about 1.5 inches,put in composite springs front a rear,& a lower shock mount spreader bar,poly bushings, 245-45-17" Kumho's on American Racing TT2's,wood console trim,etc
    You can get the KYB AGX for 335 shiped from Jessica over at club3g. They have a group buy going on. I just ordered the Eibach Prokit and the KYB GR2 for $415 shipped. I should have them by this weekend.
    Are you saying GR-2's are the better choice,or you liked the price better? Whats the link or address to Club3g? club3g.com? The Eibach prokit springs? R they adjustable,& how much are they said to lower a Galant? Thanks for the help... 8)
    The GR-2s are non adjustable, the AGXs are. The AGX cost more money and they are supposedly better. I do not need the adjustabilty so I'm going for second best which are the GR2s.

The Eibach sprints are not adjustable, for that you need to get coilovers.

Thanks.So many choices,so little cash.I'm also trying to get my Vette ready for a couple shows this year
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

hey danj.. whtas is the black knob/switch in the middle.. ?Click here

Thanks.So many choices,so little cash.I'm also trying to get my Vette ready for a couple shows this year
    Yes, there are many choices, but not alot if you know what kind of ride you want. Are you looking for a drop that will close up as much of the wheel gap as possible? Do you want the best handling as possible and don't care how stiff the ride is and how many bumps you can feel?

Simply, if you are just looking to upgrade your handling, don't want a real stiff ride, and don't care how much of the fender gap is eliminated, go with some springs like the Eibach Pro Kit or H&R. Add to that the KYB GR-2s and you are all set. I really wouldn't bother with the KYB AGXs unless you want to be able to set the dampening stiffer. But then the ride gets a little rougher. If you go with a more aggressive drop, like closer to 2" or more, then I'd say get yourself some AGXs. With that kind of drop, you have less suspension travel and you have more of a chance of bottoming out. So, that's where you'd want the AGXs, so you can set the dampening to a stiffer setting which will help keep the car from bottoming out. The GR-2s can still be used, but I would only get those with an aggressive drop if I only cared about how my car looks lowered rather than how well it handles. But, then if you said you wanted that much of a drop, I'd just tell you to get some Tein coilovers and forget everything else as long as you aren't worried about a stiff ride.

Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    hey danj.. whtas is the black knob/switch in the middle.. ?Click here
    Huh? What knob and which picture are you reffering to on that page?

here .. the black switch like in the middle??
    [/quote]

TGC Regular
    so danj, are you saying that the GR-2's will make the ride as comfortable as the AGX's on the softest settings? cuz if i did anything with springs/shocks, i want to keep the ride as comfortable as possible.

got this from club 3g...

Date: 2004/08/03 Tue PM 03:24:50 EDT
    To: Cameron
    Subject: RE: [KYB.COM Contact Form] Dampening Rate

The AGX products have the following approximate damping force values.
    When adjusted, both rebound and compression damping forces change.

Setting#:
    Relative Value
    1 - Same as Factory (100%)
    2 - Same as our GR2 products (10~15% firmer than Factory --115%)
    3 - 50% firmer than #2 (172%)
    4 - 30% firmer than #3 (223%)

For an eight position adjustable product, the damping force values are
    approx. the following: With #2 being Factory at a relative value of 100,

#1 = 95 (5% softer than Factory)
    #2 = 100 (Factory damping force)
    #3 = 107.5 (7.5% firmer than Factory)
    #4 = 115 (15% firmer than Factory)(GR-2)
    #5 = 143.5 (43.5% firmer than Factory)
    #6 = 172 (72% firmer than Factory)
    #7 = 197.5 (97.5 firmer than Factory)
    #8 = 223 (123 % firmerthan Factory)

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    aww man, looks like my list is growing. too bad i made a vow to myself that i wont buy any more stuff for my car until i get a job :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    got this from club 3g...

Date: 2004/08/03 Tue PM 03:24:50 EDT
    To: Cameron
    Subject: RE: [KYB.COM Contact Form] Dampening Rate

The AGX products have the following approximate damping force values.
    When adjusted, both rebound and compression damping forces change.

Setting#:
    Relative Value
    1 - Same as Factory (100%)
    2 - Same as our GR2 products (10~15% firmer than Factory --115%)
    3 - 50% firmer than #2 (172%)
    4 - 30% firmer than #3 (223%)

For an eight position adjustable product, the damping force values are
    approx. the following: With #2 being Factory at a relative value of 100,

#1 = 95 (5% softer than Factory)
    #2 = 100 (Factory damping force)
    #3 = 107.5 (7.5% firmer than Factory)
    #4 = 115 (15% firmer than Factory)(GR-2)
    #5 = 143.5 (43.5% firmer than Factory)
    #6 = 172 (72% firmer than Factory)
    #7 = 197.5 (97.5 firmer than Factory)
    #8 = 223 (123 % firmerthan Factory)
    Looks really good.I asked about their group buy,havent had any replys.

Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    here .. the black switch like in the middle??
    Oh, well that black thing is a cover. You pull that black cover off and then you'll see the adjustment knob for controlling the damper level. The KYB AGXs have something similar.

that is cool that it has the adjusting thing on top. i belive the agx has it on the bar right.. dont u have to remove ur wheel to adjust it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>that is cool that it has the adjusting thing on top. i belive the agx has it on the bar right.. dont u have to remove ur wheel to adjust it?</div>
    Some KYB AGXs for other cars have the knob on the side where you have to remove your wheel, but the ones for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant have the adjustment at the top... for both the front and the rear.

hey .. ok i ordered them and was wondering .. when i install them what is the perfect level to keep the shocks..i know firm is better but not sure.. what level to drive it at first.. than wil adjust it later.. please.. help

TGC Regular
    hey dave, how good do you think the handlig would be if i had some AGX's on a stiff setting like 3 or 4, but with stock springs?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>that is cool that it has the adjusting thing on top. i belive the agx has it on the bar right.. dont u have to remove ur wheel to adjust it?</div>
    Some KYB AGXs for other cars have the knob on the side where you have to remove your wheel, but the ones for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant have the adjustment at the top... for both the front and the rear.</div>Thats good,sounds like on our cars,adjustments will be easy to deal with,& quick.If I dont have the cash for shocks & springs at one time now,do you suggest getting just the AGX's or the Pro-kit springs 1st?

i say springs and than shocks.. doing both is good but if u like me .. have money issues.. than springs and than untill the hocks wear out.. after that get agx.. i got progres and used it fo about year and my shocks are i think about to blow.. so .. i egtting them by next week. .. u can save money and get it donw the line like me..

TGC Regular
    actually you will end up spending more money buying them separately, becuase u will have to pay for the springs installation, and then pay for the shocks installation. so u could save quite a bit of money getting them installed at the same time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast