The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Next step for handling?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 66
    what is the best setting for agx..? will get them installed next week so.. need to know..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey .. ok Â*i ordered them and was wondering .. when i install them what is the perfect level to keep the shocks..i know firm is better but not sure.. what level to drive it at first.. than wil adjust it later.. please.. help</div>
    There really isn't a perfect level. You should adjust it to your liking. I had my shocks set a few different ways before I got them to where I liked it. I'd say start out at the softest setting and go from there. Leave your rear seat out and go for a drive, then adjust them again and go for another drive. Keep doing it until you like the way the car rides. Then put the rear seat back in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey dave, how good do you think the handlig would be if i had some AGX's on a stiff setting like 3 or 4, but with stock springs?</div>
    That's hard to say. I have no experience with that kind of setup. I would think that you would get much better response when weaving in and out of lanes on the highway and such, but would still have alot of body roll and not much better handling when cornering hard. I can't say for sure though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats good,sounds like on our cars,adjustments will be easy to deal with,& quick.If I dont have the cash for shocks & springs at one time now,do you suggest getting just the AGX's or the Pro-kit springs 1st?</div>
    Adjustment for the front will be as easy as popping your hood, but to get to the top of the rear shocks, you have to take out your rear seat, which is a pain in the ass.

If you only had money to get one, I'd get the Eibach Pro Kit before the AGXs. The Pro Kit doesn't drop very low, so your stock shocks will be able to handle it fine for quite a while unless they have a ton of miles on them already. With a bigger drop, like with the Progress springs, the stock shocks would blow out much sooner and so I would suggest waiting 'til you had enough money to get shocks at the same time.

Thanks for the info...sounds like I'd better just get both,I just hope I can get the good deal from Jessica if I still have enough money after the $800 charge for changing out my belts,plugs,wires,& pump! Not sure if I can add the $535 for shocks & springs.Might have to wait for the next group buy :cry:
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

hey maximus99.. my friend bought for his new tsx .. some eibachs.. from ebay for like 150 shipped.. so.. i say get the springs and than the get shocks down the line .. by the time u have to change ur shocks u will have money saved up so.. at this point u have money issues to so go with what u can get..

"Adjustment for the front will be as easy as popping your hood, but to get to the top of the rear shocks, you have to take out your rear seat, which is a pain in the ass"

hey danj.. so what like i asked u before.. like ur tein one wiuth the black knob.. is that the same way u adjust the our agx shocks or what?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey maximus99.. my friend bought for his new tsx .. some eibachs.. from ebay for like 150 shipped.. so.. i say get the springs and than the get shocks down the line .. by the time u have to change ur shocks u will have money saved up so.. Â*at this point u have money issues to so go with what u can get..</div>4 for $150? :shock: I guess I'll take a look..
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

hey u know what... ask pinoyv6 as he is selling his eibachs... and look on ebay.. i looked it up but the cheapes one i found one was 183+shipping so.. look and see what is the ebst deal u get and if u dont than just wait

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey u know what... ask pinoyv6 as he is selling his eibachs... and look on ebay.. i looked it up but the cheapes one i found one was 183+shipping so.. look and see what is the ebst deal u get and if u dont than just wait</div>I found one set of Eibachs for my car,$183.23 + $40 shipping-> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT .... Tien S Tech,$139.99 + $25--> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>"Adjustment for the front will be as easy as popping your hood, but to get to the top of the rear shocks, you have to take out your rear seat, which is a pain in the ass"

hey danj.. so what like i asked u before.. like ur tein one wiuth the black knob.. is that the same way u adjust the our agx shocks or what?</div>
    Yeah, they adjust the same way.

the agx rear adjustment should be mounted on the side of the strut, you can get to it by reaching around your rear tire. I adjust mine while its on the ground.
    how do i post a picture, i've got one.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the agx rear adjustment should be mounted on the side of the strut, you can get to it by reaching around your rear tire. I adjust mine while its on the ground.
    how do i post a picture, i've got one.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

on the 8g they are on the top of the shock.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>the agx rear adjustment should be mounted on the side of the strut, you can get to it by reaching around your rear tire. Â*I adjust mine while its on the ground.
    how do i post a picture, i've got one.</div>

hey go to imageshack.us and upload it and copy the link and paste it here..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey u know what... ask pinoyv6 as he is selling his eibachs... and look on ebay.. i looked it up but the cheapes one i found one was 183+shipping so.. look and see what is the ebst deal u get and if u dont than just wait</div>I found one set of Eibachs for my car,$183.23 + $40 shipping-> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MEWA:IT .... Tien S Tech,$139.99 + $25-->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7958546556&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWA:IT</div>
    hey i have progres.. and i luv it.. the reason i got it cause it slamms the car more than any other sprinsg except for coilovers... if u wana lower it a lot.. than i say progress of eibachs sportline.. but if u wanna just look decently low .. than u can go with tein or eibach prokit.. i luv cars slammed to.. but the same time wanna have a nice handling so keep these springs.. coilovers like skunk and ground control are good.. but not as good of a ride as springs.. yes tein coilovers have a damm good ride.. that why they cost more.. so.. its all what u like and stuff..

the s-tech springs will lower the car around the same as the progress. if you don't want to drop that low, look at hte eibach pro kit or the h&r's

i though tein lower about 1.5?..may be not

for the v6 like what maximus99 has, the stech drops 2.2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear

TGC Regular
    quick question, kinda offtopic but not really.

which springs will lower my 4cyl the LEAST?

eibach the prokit.. i think 1.2 .. dam man if u wanna lower it 1.2 .. u might as well dont do it.. cause our car are high.. stock so.. so lowering it will not look all differnet

TGC Regular
    if i lower my car, it definately wouldnt be for looks, just for handling purposes. i dont even want to have a low car, too much to watch out for, and too much of a hassle, speed bumps, curbs, drive ways, dips, etc. etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast